CI system used
Scanner command used when applicable
dotnet-sonarscanner begin /o:“org” /k:“project” /d:sonar.host.url=“https://sonarcloud.io” /d:sonar.login=“token” -d:sonar.qualitygate.wait=true
Languages of the repository
Only if the SonarCloud project is public, the URL
- And if you need help with pull request decoration, then the URL to the PR too
Project is Private but we do need help with PR decoration.
Inline comment is not posted in the Pull Request
Steps to reproduce
- Configure Pull Request Integration between SonarCloud.io and DevOps
- Run standalone scanner via Pipeline with the -d:sonar.qualitygate.wait=true option
- The Pipeline waits for the analysis results successfully, but no inline comment is posted, as described in: https://azuredevopslabs.com/labs/vstsextend/sonarcloud/
- Potential workaround
We have a dedicated pipeline that runs whenever a Pull Request is submitted - the Pipeline injects GUID’s into our .csproj files, and then runs the standalone scanner against builds that are triggered with ‘dotnet build’, and submits to SonarCloud.io I recently enabled the Pull Request integration using the -d:sonar.qualitygate.wait=true option, which does seem to wait for the Analysis results and send a pass/fail result back to the Pipeline. However, no inline comments are posted, and I have not made much progress determining how to get this working.
- Are the Inline Comments from Pull Request Integration with DevOps supported when using the standalone scanner? Or do we have to use the native Task as shown in the guide?
- If supported, is ‘-d:sonar.qualitygate.wait=true’ the proper way to enable this?
Please let me know if there is any additional information that I can provide.