Sonarcloud analysis fails intermittently - 2

This is a follow up topic of my initial thread below which can’t be reopened.

Issue happened again recently, is there any rate limiting on the Sonarcloud side? So far, it happens only on PR automated runs.

Hi Marcus,

Sorry for the long wait. I am unaware of any rate limiting; however, depending on the pressure on our system could have unwanted effects. I will double-check that; however, could you please provide logs for the new occurrence to have a deeper look again for the time frame on our side as well?

Thanks
Csaba

Hi Marcus,

We are investigating the issues, it seems that the failing calls might not reach our processing systems and could be blocked by a security measure. This is not our final response as we could not verify it yet but wanted to give you a heads-up, so as soon as we know something certain I will let you know.

Thanks
Csaba

1 Like

Hi Marcus,

We could not find any evidence that we were blocking calls. For now, it seems if your calls got blocked, we 100% ly would block all the calls so you would not have intermittent but constant errors.
I was also wondering if these errors affect the same project and organisation the original thread was about. Could you please confirm it?
Thanks
Csaba

Hi Csaba,
In fact, it is the same org and project as the 1st thread. I also noticed that the error happens when more than 1 scan is being triggered at the same time hence I was suspecting rate limiting on Sonar side.

Hello Marcus,

I was asking because we have been trying to find the same org and project which means our verification is valid. The problem is that we cannot see any of the calls accessing our system which would return any error code.
In the past, we had cases where the firewall on the customer side was blocking some outgoing requests on pattern matching which could explain the arbitrary blocking.

Is there any possibility you have some measures installed and if yes you might have access to it?

Thanks,
Csaba

HI Feher,

Maybe it could be more of an ADO issue? Can you try to trigger more than 10 PR scans at one time to see if you can replicate?

Hi Marcus,

Unfortunately, we could not reproduce the issue. I would like to request you if the issue pops up again, Please get back to me shortly. It would enable us to observe it in an environment where the most information and logs are ready.
I know this is a long-running thread and the solution is sometimes tricky but thank you for your patience so far I am hoping we can solve this problem eventually.

Thanks
Csaba

1 Like

Hi Csaba,

I’m able to replicate this issue by triggering 5 scans at the same time. Let me know how we should proceed for further investigations.

Thanks,
Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Awesome, could you please provide the logs of those runs?

Thanks
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Couldn’t replicate today. Will upload when I can.

Hi Csaba,

There was a code change today that triggered 30 scans and most of them failed. Attached are log files from 5 difference projects
Sonar error.zip (24.0 KB)

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for that many logs, we are checking the logs and doing some analysis. I will get back to you.

Thank you
Csaba

Hi Marcus,

We found some leads but we can continue the investigation on Monday due to people being on holiday. I would like to thank your contributions so far and your patience. You can expect more details next week.

Thanks
Csaba Feher

Hi Marcus,

Some of your scans are failing because the request we make to azure devops to get your PR information times out. We will increase the time out for the given request. This will be prioritised in the following days.

Regards,
Nolwenn

1 Like

Thanks Nolwenn,

Were you able to replicate on your environment?

Regards,
Marcus

Hi Marcus,

No, I was not able to reproduce it, I suspect it depends on the size of your project on AzureDevops.
The increase in the time out is deployed since yesterday, let me know if you still face the issue.

Regards,
Nolwenn

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.