SonarCFamily no issues only duplicate code

Using SonarQube 7.4 developer edition with SonarCFamily 5.1.1.
I have followed the instructions here https://docs.sonarqube.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8520225 to try to do analysis of a C++ /C# project on a TFS build agent.

I believe I have done this correctly as the log shows “INFO: Using build-wrapper output: C:\agent\sonar\bw_output\build-wrapper-dump.json” and says it has created metadata for all the files I would have expected. However the analysis only shows code duplication and no other issues, I have also purposely put errors in the code.

I have put the output on as verbose debug and there are no errors or warnings.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks,
Tom

Hello Tom,

Could you share your log with us, as well as the build wrapper files? That would allow us to have a better understanding of what happens.

Thank you,

Hey,

Thanks for getting back to me - I’m slightly uneasy about posting my build wrapper files on the forum - would you be happy for me to share them with you directly ?

Thanks,
Tom

For people following this thread, I got some private logs from @tjnashq, that allowed to see that:

From the build-wrapper-dmp.json file, the source code is in: C:\\Agent\\_work\\33\\s\\

But in the analysis log, one can see: 2018-11-28T22:49:40.6174021Z 22:49:40.617 DEBUG: Work directory: C:\agent\_work\34\s\.scannerwork

So this was not the same folder (33 vs 34). I got confirmation from Tom that this was indeed the source of the issue he was having.

That’s all folks!

1 Like

Hi, I have this also. Doing build-wrapper on LInux and sending this to sonar on Windows - does not work… ???