Sonar-scanner's memory usage increase after SonarQube Upgrade

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

  • which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    SonarQube 10.3
  • how is SonarQube deployed: zip, Docker, Helm
  • what are you trying to achieve
    Figure out why memory usage of sonar-scanner surge after upgrading from 9.9 to 10.3
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this
    I have tried looking at other posts and ensured docker runtime version is well supported.

Initially the pipeline exits with a 137 code which directs to memory shortage problem. When more memory was allocated to the pod the error was gone but this shouldn’t be a normal behavior after an upgrade unless memory requirement for SonarQube changes at each version.


Welcome to the community!

In fact, it’s not shocking that your memory requirement would increase after a 4-version upgrade. With each new release, we add and improve rules and the underlying analysis engines and sometimes there’s a concomitant resource increase. Without knowing more about your project languages and size, I can only say this seems normal.