When I use sonar-scanner to scan some open-source component, it sometimes take my sever about 40GB memory, is it a normal phenomenon？What is taking up such a large amount of memory, can I block this part of the scan to reduce consumption?
- What version of SonarQube are you using?
- What open source component are you scanning?
- Where do you see that 40 GB of memory is being used?
I am using sonarqube 9.5, and this picture is one of this situation. I have not recorded the specific open source components. If this happens next time, I will record it. So is it a normal phenomenon？
It’s not normal.
- I would suggest making sure you’re using the latest version of the scanner (v4.7)
- Check to see if you have any environment variables that might be passing a high min/max heap value to all Java processes.