Sonar-scanner.properties not found on Kubernetes-Helm3 deployment

Hi everyone,
I am trying to integrate sonarqube community version to enable source code analysis of my maven projects which are on bitbucket server. My sonarqube server is already up and running on EKS cluster which i have deployed using a helm chart.
I am now trying to integrate it with Jenkins, for which i have followed the steps of configuring the Jenkins with sonar-scanner plugin. Now i want to edit the sonar server url in the sonar-scanner.properties file and i am unable to find that on my cluster.
There is a sonar.properties file though.

Can someone please help me out on what exactly the difference is between both files? and how should i take this integration further?
Also, do i need to do some changes on the bitbucket server as well? how does that work for SonarQube community version?

Hey there.

There’s nothing to configure on the SonarQube-server side.

When using the SonarScanner for Jenkins, you should define the servers after installation.

Installation

1. Install the SonarScanner for Jenkins via the Jenkins Update Center.
  2. Configure your SonarQube server(s):
  3. Log into Jenkins as an administrator and go to Manage Jenkins > Configure System.
  4. Scroll down to the SonarQube configuration section, click Add SonarQube, and add the values you’re prompted for.
  5. The server authentication token should be created as a ‘Secret Text’ credential.
1 Like