first time we started setting up sonar scan for this project
The sonar scan we started doing first on developers laptop.
we are able to run the build wrapper command which includes the build command → it is working fine with out any error → but here the issue is it is generating json dump file which is empty (no .c files captured) as shown below
we tried with cleaning and perform build wrapper build command but still same issue where the json dump file has no .c files
for clean rebuild also same issue
# (C) SonarSource SA, 2014-2021, [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
# All SONARSOURCE programs and content are copyright protected.
# SONARSOURCE and SONARQUBE are trademarks of SonarSource SA. All rights are expressly reserved.
# This file is designed exclusively for use with the SONARSOURCE C / C++ / Objective-C Plugin.
# It may not be used in connection with any other software.
# Any other use is prohibited by law and may be grounds for immediate termination of your License.
as he build wrapper json file is empty it throws below error when running the sonar scan
Error during SonarScanner execution
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The “build-wrapper-dump.json” file was found empty. Please make sure that:
Sonar scanner for C programming language code is not working
As part of BU we have project where we need to run the Sonar scan against it.
code is “.c” files
scan has to be performed against “.c” files
its not like it worked before and stopped working all of the sudden, but it didn’t worked from day one
The sonar scan is not working manually on developers laptop as well as part of the Azure Devops pipeline
the json dump file is been generated by build wrapper successfully and when we provide all details for sonar scanner command and start execution it goes to the point where it gets the location of json file and start analyzing . → but this task takes for ever
after almost 20 hours it is able to analyze on 4 files.
we included only required folder and files which are needed for the project
Even this is making the server to be 100% CPU utilized.
even no errors are reported. its just taking time and time and nothing is getting displayed at pipeline log end or even when done via manually
I just found your other topic, created minutes before this one with essentially the same content. Please don’t do that.
I’ve moved the contents of that topic here, and I see from it that you’re on SonarQube 9.2. The current version of SonarQube is 9.8. Please upgrade and see if the problem persists. If it does, then these questions still stand: