Well, it’s been a quiet week in the Sonar Community, my hometown, out there on the edge of the digital expanse.
Like every week we want to spend some time saying thanks to everyone who prompted interesting discussions and gave us feedback on Sonar products that will help us continuously improve.
- Kotlin analysis has recently added support for analyzing Gradle build scripts, but the way we did so is having some unintended side effects. We’re going to change this in SONARKT-372. Thanks for the reports @pkubowicz, @jburet, and @agacemi.
- Error on first empty lines
- Thanks @maspe36 for helping us identify a bug where docker isn’t considered a remote toolchain by SonarLint, and as a result the analysis fails because our C++ analysis tries to probe a Linux executable on a Windows host. We’ll work on that with CPP-4039.
- Right after upgrading, @gnl42 started getting errors in SonarLint for Eclipse because it wasn’t computing a relative file path properly. SLE-747 will fix it.
Rule / Language Improvements:
- Kudos to @candrews for pointing out a case we missed with the implementation of
java:S6804, specifically when
@Valuereferences a Spring resource. SONARJAVA-4695
typescript:S1848ought to make an exception for AWS CDK resources. Thanks for helping us identify this @dmurawsky. SonarSource/SonarJS #4357
- @avl had a great conversation with SonarSource developer @JolyLoic which will improve the rule description for
- We say we support Wind River compilers, but @loss0527 found that we don’t support Wind River’s ccarm compiler. CPP-4783 will fix that.