Sonar Cloud is not working with VB.NET

Hello,

In our solution we have 3 projects(1 contains vb.net framework 4.8 project and 2 others c# projects)
We used the below build.yml, and we got a results that the C# analysis happens but VB.NET analysis doesn’t.
What do we need to add in build.yml in order to make the VB.net also scan happens?

build.txt (2.1 KB)

Regards,

Hey there.

msbuild.exe Intellect/Intellect.sln -t:rebuild /nr:false -verbosity:m -property:Configuration=Debug -property:platform="Any CPU"

Does this command actually compile your VB.NET code, and do you see those files referenced in the output of your build command?

Hey Colin,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Yes we believe that this command actually compile VB NET code, and the dll in bin folder.

Regards,

Thanks. In that case, I would recommend posting your analysis/scanner logs. The analysis / scanner log is what’s output from the analysis command.

This guide will help you find them.

Hey Colin,

The command you recommend in the above guide for Net Framework (“SonarScanner.MSBuild.exe end”), does not exists in the folder installed by the command that I mentioned in build.yml earlier (" run: |
New-Item -Path ..sonar\scanner -ItemType Directory
dotnet tool update dotnet-sonarscanner --tool-path ..sonar\scanner")

Is there a command to install sonar cloud for Net Framework, to be able to utilize this command in GitHub yml?

Regards,

Hey there.

You’re already using dotnet-sonarscanner begin and dotnet-sonarscanner end, so you can just refer to the .NET Framework Global Tool referenced in guide.

Hey Colin,

We are trying to use the dotnet framework command, that’s why the global sonar cloud command is not working. can we install the dotnet framework version in git actions?

Hey.

I’m not sure what you mean – don’t you already have a working scan with the build.yaml file you shared, but the issue is that VB.NET is not analyzed as a part of it?

Hey Colin,

Yes we already have a working scan with build.yaml file that we shared, but the issue is that VB NET is not analyzed, so what we need to change in order to make VB Net scan happens?

Can we Install net framework version to GitHub?

Regards,

And we’re back to where we were: