Sonar Cloud - Can't seem to be able to commit the Yaml

I clicked the Commit File button, and I have my SONAR_TOKEN saved per the tutorial.
After commit:

This repository does not have any files

You can still commit changes and run the pipeline but it may lead to a failure.

I don’t really understand what I should do. If I try to hit the back button it discards the changes in I have in the bitbucket-pipelines.yml

Hi @nosamttam

If I understand correctly, you’re not able to create the bitbucket-pipelines.yml on Bitbucket Cloud. I think I found a screen similar to the one you described (having the messages “This repository does not have any files” and “You can still commit changes and run the pipeline but it may lead to a failure”), and the Commit File button worked just fine.

Maybe you can try another way to create the Yaml file.

• Go your repository on Bitbucket Cloud, and click Source in the sidebar at the left.
  • Next, at the top of the page, click on the “…” menu next to the Clone button, and select Add file.
  • Enter bitbucket-pipelines.yml as the name of the file, and enter some dummy content, for example # foo, and click Commit file.
  • Go back to Source, click on the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file, and click Edit
  • Now you should be in some sort of “smart” editing mode, with a nice menu on the right, which lets you create pipeline configurations easily. From the Change the template menu you can select a template pipeline, and then in Add Pipes menu you can discover the snippets to use with SonarCloud pipes.

I hope this helps, let me know at which step you get stuck!

I was able to get past this eventually. Thanks so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.