Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):
- which versions are you using: SonarQube 9.8
- what are you trying to achieve: Using db-copy to transfer a database
- what have you tried so far to achieve this: checking documentation
Do not share screenshots of logs – share the text itself (bonus points for being well-formatted)!
The documentation for db-copy has changed in 9.8, removing useful execution examples and inserting typos regarding the src parameters. Repeating -urlSrc parameter instead of
-userSrc and -pwdSrc
Thanks, I have fixed the typos. We appreciate the feedback in helping us keep the docs accurate.
About the examples, we indeed remove them for several reasons. There were:
- useless – or say, not very useful (simply explaining what logs were already saying)
- misleading (revealing technical details that are not relevant to end users)
- cluttering the main information on the documentation page
So in the end, we thought they brought no real value to the page anymore.
Are you missing some important information you had before? More generally, what would help you to know in your usage of DBCopy?
I see. I was just comparing dbcopy documentation in case I would need it.
At the moment we are stuck on 9.6, since 9.7 upgrade dont have any proper handling of old/legacy database names (idx_ ). That is planned for the 9.9 LTS release since this was a common occurence that customers were stuck with db cruft in old instances.
Ok got it. I confirm that this issue will be fixed in the soon-to-be-released 9.9 (SONAR-17737).
Let us know if you have any issues with DBCopy then (which will also be released soon, probably sync with the 9.9 LTS).