How to get the Sonar DB Copy Tool

Hi,

We’re moving our database from Mysql to Postgres.

We currently have v6.7.7 running on Mysql and v7.9 LTS has been run pointing to Postgres (and obviously the data now needs to get migrated).

I’ve read about the Sonar DB Copy Tool and was wondering how we can get this jar. We’re using the Enterprise Edition so do you need our license details?

Thanks
Malti

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • what are you trying to achieve
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this

Hi, you can contact the sonarsource paying support to get help with sonar-db-copy :+1:

Great, thanks Pierre :slight_smile:

Malti,
We are planning to use this tool and I got my attention to your post on the exact same question I wanted to ask.

We are on 8.5 community edition. were you able to download this copy ?
Appreciate if you can share your experience.

Regards,
Pavan

Hi Pavan,

This is the response we received from Sonar:

“we would not recommend using the DB Copy Tool as it’s not the appropriate tool for what you’re looking to accomplish. To migrate from MySQL to Postgres, you should use SonarSource/mysql-migrator”

We had various problems with the mysql-migrator and haven’t managed to do the upgrade yet.
But you could try using that, it may be fine for you.

Best wishes
Malti

Thanks Malti,
We are actually migrating from Oracle to PostgreSQL.
I created a new help ticket. This information shared would surely help.

If possible can you share whom can I reach out to gather download specific instructions?

Regards,
Pavan

HI @dronam_pavan

as mentioned on this thread by Pierre earlier on, to have access to our Sonar DB Copy Tool, you should be on a commercial license of SonarQube, with commercial support as well.
It is also mentioned in our docs here: SonarQube DB Copy Tool | SonarQube Docs

Carine