Showing 2 different project count in 2 different screens

All the help is appreciated.

• versions used : Sonarqube Enterprise 7.5 (trying out)
  • steps to reproduce
  1. Imported data from S.Q 7.2.1 C.E schema to a schema again used by another instance of SQ 7.2.1.
    2.Then upgraded the instance, with migrated data to SQ 7.3 Enterprise.
  2. Then upgraded the instance , with migrated data to SQ 7.4 enterprise.
  3. Then upraded the instance, with migrated data to SQ 7.5 enterprise.

At this point the home screen (/projects?sort=-analysis_date) in SQ 7.5 enterprise shows 704 projectsā€¦instead of 1591 projects.
But the /admin/projects_management screen shows 1591 projects correctlyā€¦

We did not use the SQ dB migration tool as we are under trial and do NOT have enterprise license.

Does this indicate some broken foreign keys some how ??

• potential workaround

NONE,stuck.

• errror observed (wrap logs/code around triple quote ``` for proper formatting)

NONE

In the first screen, are you authenticated with the same administrator account? Can you send the System Info report please? (Administration > System > Download System Info)

1 Like

I will check if i can send the System info.

All the projects seem to exist in both the places. The problem is that some how the links are broken and NOT able to search itā€¦Is it do with ES temp cache ?

A project detail shows up when i go directly to the url --> /dashboard?id=hello-world-gradle%3Ascm-org

But the same does not show up when i search by search bar in the top right corner with project key "hello-world-gradle:scm-org

"

Thanks
Mahesh

That does not relate to your initial post. Search engine does not support typing a word longer than 15 characters, except if it matches the project key. You should try with ā€œhelloā€ only.

I know this leading the root cause to be in a different direction.
To me, the issue is that the search and the home page , do not search the full available dataā€¦resulting in inconsistent count.

Then i see this error printed in the es.log many times.

2019.03.27 08:55:02 INFO es[o.e.c.r.a.DiskThresholdMonitor] low disk watermark [85%] exceeded on [gYFWNh3WRGyyo6c9on3TbA][sonarqube][/opt/sonar/sonarqube-7.5-d-sonar-2/data/es5/nodes/0] free: 1.8gb[13.8%], replicas will not be assigned to this node

Thanks
Mahesh

Can you try to delete the directory data/ and restart the server please? That will re-index data, including projects.

Done. Is there a way to,

1. Increase the Embedded ES-application limits to 90% ?
  2. Increase the disk allotted to SQ and ESā€¦?
2019.03.27 11:12:54 INFO  es[][o.e.i.IndexingMemoryController] stop throttling indexing for shard [[components][1]]
2019.03.27 11:13:00 INFO  es[][o.e.c.r.a.DiskThresholdMonitor] low disk watermark [85%] exceeded on [oeO0r1WSR--ycjEqKf7YIA][sonarqube][/opt/sonar/sonarqube-7.5-d-sonar-2/data/es5/nodes/0] free: 1.6gb[12.4%], replicas will not be assigned to this node
2019.03.27 11:13:05 INFO  es[][o.e.i.IndexingMemoryController] now throttling indexing for shard [[components][3]]: segment writing can't keep up```

Hi,

Ideally in a production instance youā€™re going to store the ES data in a different volume. See the ā€˜Configuring the Elasticsearch storage pageā€™ section in the docs.

Ā 
Ann