Server won't start

Hello Ann,
can you help me i have a sonarqube edition developper instance that i can’t start here is the error message from sonar.log
cat sonar.log
–> Wrapper Started as Daemon
Launching a JVM…
Wrapper (Version 3.2.3) http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org
Copyright 1999-2006 Tanuki Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

2020.05.04 11:01:45 INFO app[o.s.a.AppFileSystem] Cleaning or creating temp directory /usr/local/sonarqube/temp
2020.05.04 11:01:45 INFO app[o.s.a.es.EsSettings] Elasticsearch listening on /127.0.0.1:9001
2020.05.04 11:01:45 INFO app[o.s.a.ProcessLauncherImpl] Launch process[[key=‘es’, ipcIndex=1, logFilenamePrefix=es]] from [/usr/local/sonarqube/elasticsearch]: /usr/local/sonarqube/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch
2020.05.04 11:01:45 INFO app[o.s.a.SchedulerImpl] Waiting for Elasticsearch to be up and running
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseConcMarkSweepGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
2020.05.04 11:01:46 INFO app[o.e.p.PluginsService] no modules loaded
2020.05.04 11:01:46 INFO app[o.e.p.PluginsService] loaded plugin [org.elasticsearch.transport.Netty4Plugin]
2020.05.04 11:01:49 WARN app[o.s.a.p.AbstractManagedProcess] Process exited with exit value [es]: 1
2020.05.04 11:01:49 INFO app[o.s.a.SchedulerImpl] Process[es] is stopped
2020.05.04 11:01:49 INFO app[o.s.a.SchedulerImpl] SonarQube is stopped

Hi @sneybe,

As a matter of etiquette: many SonarSourcers monitor this forum, so you’ll stand the best chance of getting your question answered if you don’t try to address it to one individual.

It looks like the Elastic Search process within SonarQube failed to start. In order to troubleshoot, it would be best if you post back with your System Info File as well as a zip of your server-side logs so we can see what all is going on.

1 Like

Thank you for your return I had just followed a news file for a problem starting the sonarqube server, it turned out that Ann was the last person to intervene.
To answer your question I have not yet accessed the sonarqube web interface to access the system information file.

Ah right, what was I thinking. But please at least post a zip of your logs from <sonarqube install folder>/logs so that we can see the real reason ES failed to start.

sonar.log.zip (818 Bytes)

thank you attached the sonar.log file of my installation
thanks again

Thanks, but I had requested a zip of all the logs in the folder, not just the one called sonar.log. This log file only contains the same output you’ve already pasted in your initial post. :upside_down_face:

logs.zip (3.2 KB)

thank you for your comeback
attached the log files of my installation
thanks again

Aha. Now we can see the underlying problem.

2020.05.05 16:59:03 INFO  web[][o.sonar.db.Database] Create JDBC data source for jdbc:postgresql://localhost/sonar
2020.05.05 16:59:04 INFO  web[][o.s.s.p.ServerFileSystemImpl] SonarQube home: /usr/local/sonar
2020.05.05 16:59:04 INFO  web[][o.s.s.u.SystemPasscodeImpl] System authentication by passcode is disabled
2020.05.05 16:59:05 ERROR web[][o.s.s.p.PlatformImpl] Web server startup failed: Current version is too old. Please upgrade to Long Term Support version firstly.

This tells me that you’ve connected your new SonarQube installation to an existing database that was running an older version of SonarQube. You’ll need to follow our upgrade guide to install and run any intermediate LTS releases to incrementally upgrade your database before you can jump straight to 8.2.

By the way, SonarQube 8.3 was just released this week.

2 Likes

actually that was the problem I had to update the database and sonarqube was able to start
thank you very much for your help

Bonjour a tous

j’ai un nouveau problème concernant le démarrage d’un nouveau server sonarqube avec une version développer, je tombe sur ce message d’erreur dans sonar.log
Refer to the log for complete error details.
2020.08.26 09:45:30 WARN app[o.s.a.p.AbstractManagedProcess] Process exited with exit value [es]: 1
2020.08.26 09:45:30 INFO app[o.s.a.SchedulerImpl] Process[es] is stopped
2020.08.26 09:45:30 INFO app[o.s.a.SchedulerImpl] SonarQube is stopped
2020.08.26 09:45:31 INFO app[o.e.c.t.TransportClientNodesService] failed to get node info for {#transport#-1}{QTbqZ9nvSXWjyJz_KrYIdw}{127.0.0.1}{127.0.0.1:9001}, disconnecting…
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Future got interrupted
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.FutureUtils.get(FutureUtils.java:60)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.AdapterActionFuture.actionGet(AdapterActionFuture.java:34)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.ConnectionManager.internalOpenConnection(ConnectionManager.java:209)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:80)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService.openConnection(TransportService.java:367)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService$SimpleNodeSampler.doSample(TransportClientNodesService.java:411)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService$NodeSampler.sample(TransportClientNodesService.java:362)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.addTransportAddresses(TransportClientNodesService.java:201)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.addTransportAddress(TransportClient.java:342)
at org.sonar.application.es.EsConnectorImpl$MinimalTransportClient.(EsConnectorImpl.java:108)
at org.sonar.application.es.EsConnectorImpl.buildTransportClient(EsConnectorImpl.java:89)
at org.sonar.application.es.EsConnectorImpl.getTransportClient(EsConnectorImpl.java:74)
at org.sonar.application.es.EsConnectorImpl.getClusterHealthStatus(EsConnectorImpl.java:61)
at org.sonar.application.process.EsManagedProcess.checkStatus(EsManagedProcess.java:88)
at org.sonar.application.process.EsManagedProcess.checkOperational(EsManagedProcess.java:73)
at org.sonar.application.process.EsManagedProcess.isOperational(EsManagedProcess.java:58)
at org.sonar.application.process.ManagedProcessHandler.refreshState(ManagedProcessHandler.java:220)
at org.sonar.application.process.ManagedProcessHandler$EventWatcher.run(ManagedProcessHandler.java:285)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException: null
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.acquireSharedInterruptibly(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1343)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.BaseFuture$Sync.get(BaseFuture.java:251)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.BaseFuture.get(BaseFuture.java:94)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.FutureUtils.get(FutureUtils.java:57)
… 17 common frames omitted
<-- Wrapper Stopped