Security hotspot not shown, thus cannot be closed

Hi there,

We’ve run into the following problem in one particular project since we upgraded from the 8.9.6 → 8.9.7

• versions used (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    SonarQube Developer Edition
    Version: 8.9.7.52159
    Date: 2022-03-28

• error observed (wrap logs/code around triple quote ``` for proper formatting)
    The Quality Gate fails in one project because there are unresolved Security Hotspots, but the GUI won’t show the unresolved Hotspots.

• steps to reproduce
    Unknown. This happens only in one project so far, since we upgraded from 8.9.6 to the 8.9.7 LTS.

• potential workaround
    Disabling the Quality Gate every time a merge has to be done or allow merges with failed Quality Gates.

Has anyone hit a similar problem or knows how to resolve this? I would also be happy to share further debug information.

Cheers,
Finn

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Can you double-check that you have permissions to administer Security Hotspots on this project?

Thx,
Ann

Hi Ann,

yes I can confirm I’ve all required permissions.

On a deeper look it seems like the problem only occurs on our staging branch. I’ll try to delete it in sonar and run a new analysis tomorrow.

Cheers,
Finn

Hi Finn,

I’ll be interested to hear what you find.

Ann

Deleting the branch under “Branches & Pull Requests” (it was the only one besides master which was to keep when inactive) and re-running the process did somehow solve this.

Hi,

Thanks for the followup!

Ann