Search projets by tags in WebGUI

If I am to believe https://docs.sonarqube.org/latest/project-administration/project-settings/ it should be possible to add tags to a project and filter my projects based on tags on the projects-page.

Expected behavior

Given: I added tag < tag-name> to a project
And: I am on the projects page
When: I enter < tag-name> in any of the search-bars.
Then: I should see the project tagged with < tag-name>

Actual behavior

Given: I added tag < tag-name> to a project
And: I am on the projects page
When: I enter < tag-name> in any of the search-bars.
Then: I do not see any projects

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your message. I would suggest to use the facets to filter your projects by tags. This facet is available at the bottom of the facet list.

Let me know if this answers your need. Also I’d be interested to know in which context “Searching project by tags” is relevant to you?

Have a great day.

Matt

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for your reply. Your answer does give me the expected result. However, I’m a lazy individual and I prefer using the tools that appear to me first to achieve my goals. Whereas the tags filter requires me to scroll. I can get my search done faster if I could use the search-bar.
I realize that this might seem odd since there is a perfectly good filtering mechanism in place. I just prefer handing my searches in one place. Without having to scroll anywhere.

As for your usage-question. The company I work for has several core services that are maintained by a small development-team. While other services are created for specific customers by consultants for the purpose of integration with other third-party tooling. While those projects are not directly maintained by the core team we do want to know their quality-ratings.

I’ve added tags to those projects so we know whether a project is a customer-integration or not. This way we can verify whether the project’s ratings adhere to the same quality-gates as our core services.

- Robert.