SCM provider autodetection failed warnings

Getting below warnings while running the TFS builds.

WARN: SCM provider autodetection failed. No SCM provider claims to support this project. Please use sonar.scm.provider to define SCM of your project.
15:58:00.978 WARN: Metric ‘test_success_density’ is an internal metric computed by SonarQube. Provided value is ignored.

Any Idea what might caused these.

Version: 6.7.2 LTS
TFS Version: 2015

Hi,

SCM provider detection relies on the data files each provider leaves in a project. For instance, I’m looking at a project right now that has a .git directory in the root. Do the correct files for your SCM provider exist in the root of the project you’re analyzing?

Ann

Hi Ann,

I am having the same problems with the SCM provider.

WARN: SCM provider autodetection failed. No SCM provider claims to support this project. Please use sonar.scm.provider to define SCM of your project.

Then I tried the following SonarQube settings:

sonar.scm.enabled=true
sonar.scm.provider=tfvc

But now I got the following error:

ERROR: SCM provider was set to “tfvc” but no SCM provider found for this key. Supported SCM providers are svn,git

when I set the following SonarQube variable to false

sonar.scm.enabled=false

then I get the following warning:

So now I am out of my options. Is there a way to remove this warning?

We are using the following versions:

SonarQube Version 7.3 (build 15553)
SonarQube TFS Plugin 4.3.0
TFS 2015 update 3

Adrie

Hi Adrie,

Your errors indicate that you don’t have a plugin installed to support your use of TFVC. In fact, a TFVC plugin is available from the community, but it has not been updated to be compatible with SonarQube 7.3.

Analysis should run fine with the autodetection warning, you just won’t get automatic assignment of new issues.

Ann

1 Like

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the quick response. Our analysis runs fine, but warnings in red text are not appreciated by some colleague.

I am also getting the next two warnings in red text (in TFS and in the build mails from TFS):

WARN: Metric ‘comment_lines_data’ is deprecated. Provided value is ignored.
WARN: Access to the multi-values/property set property ‘sonar.typescript.eslint.reportPaths’ should be made using ‘getStringArray’ method. The SonarQube plugin using this property should be updated.

Also with these warnings the analysis is running fine, but is there a way to remove these two warnings?

Adrie

Hi Adrie,

There is not. They’re coming from the internal workings of the analyzer.

Ann

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Integrate SonarQube with Bitbucket