Scanning a project with many packages

Hello, I am developing a plugin in Java, that contains a sensor that will tell me how many classes that package has, for that I have to get the total number of packages in the project, and then do a % with all of them, but when analyzing the project I only get It analyzes the files and I want it to analyze the packages to quickly get that number. I have managed to get it out with other methods, but then when I see it on the web, it does not show me well because I am not going through those packages as if it were a file.
It would be easier to go directly to the bin/ folder of the project, because there are all the packaged classes.
With that I scan the files that are inside the packages both bin and src.
How can I scan those packages and not the files?

Hi,

I believe you’re going to have to aggregate this server-side, just like overall coverage and duplications metrics are calculated server-side.

As I remember it, CI-side analysis calculates file-level metrics, and server-side processing aggregates higher-level metrics such as what you’re trying to do. I haven’t looked closely at it, but this plugin adds metrics and may be a useful mode.

HTH,
Ann

Thank you, but
I’ve been looking at the plugin and do:
This SonarQube plugin does not perform analysis, but reads existing dependency verification reports.
I think it is not related to mine, what I want is to analyze the packages and not the files.

Hi,

I gave you that plugin as an example of one that adds metrics.

As I said, analysis is about files. You can then have higher-level metrics aggregated server-side.

HTH,
Ann