SAML button no longer works

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

  • which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • what are you trying to achieve - I would like the SAML button to take me to my designated IDP URL
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this - I have looked at the browser developer tools and seen that no called is being made at all to the designated URL.


Back in v8.1 I activated the SAML login to our Non Prod SAML environment (for testing purposes) and this all worked great. The SAML team then asked me to setup SSL on the server before moving into Prod. This took me quite a while to figure out how to do, but I eventually got there. I have the following environment:

  • SQL Server DB
  • SAML Provider is SecureAuth
  • App TIer is Windows based.
  • Setup SSL using IIS Rewrite Rules as outlined in the document you guys pointed me to.

So upon getting SSL working and upgrading to v8.6 the button appears to not work. I did discover the SAML Provider certificate had expired. So I updated that so that it is now current and restarted the server. When I click on the SAML button does nothing. So I turned on developer tools for the browser and noticed that in the network page, it was not even attempting to go to my designated SAML URL as defined in my settings. I am puzzled as to why this has stopped working. I suspected it might be my SSL setup until I found that I was not even attempting to go out to the URL, which now leads me to believe it is something to do with the SonarQube application, maybe?

Any ideas or thoughts would be much appreciated.


I wanted to share here the solution, since I have been able to fix it. Because I was using the recommended IIS solution I was implementing the URL Rewrite rules needed to implement this solution. Somewhere along the way, the inbound rule had the “NOT Match” regular expression rule selection made, instead of the “Match” regular expression rule. This caused the button to no longer function since the rule was not being met. Upon fixing the rule, everything started to work fine.

So the moral of the story is, make sure the URL Rewrite rules are correctly implemented … :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.