Restricting users' visibility of available options on the SonarQube homepage

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • how is SonarQube deployed: zip, Docker, Helm
  • what are you trying to achieve
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this

Do not share screenshots of logs – share the text itself (bonus points for being well-formatted)!
Hello,
I’ve organized specific groups and assigned users accordingly to test the restriction of available options upon login. For instance:
When a user is designated with “reader” permissions, limited to viewing without creating, we aim to restrict their access to features and hiding the tabs such as Quality Gates, Quality Profiles, or Issues.
Whereas a developer, they possess the privilege to access those options, create and upon logging into the website view the mentioned options. I’m relatively new to this, so I’m seeking guidance on how to set it up.

Hi,

That’s simply not how it works. We believe that everyone should be able to see the Quality Profiles (the rules that are applied) and Quality Gates (the conditions that must be met). For issues, if you have access to see the project (Browse), you have access to see its issues. You can, however, restrict the ability to see its source code.

The docs may help.

Ann