Projects with the new .esproj format are ignored

Hi,

we are using:

• SonarQube Enterprise Edition Version 8.9.5 (build 50698)
  • SonarScanner for .NET 5.7.1

We try to analyze a solution that contains C# projects and Angular/React projects with the new .esproj format. Projects with the new .esproj format are ignored.
For example:
Folder 1 (C# .csproj)
Folder 2 (Web .esproj)
Solution.sln

I´ve found a few other entries in this forum:

And a Jira Ticket, but I don´t have access to it:

Tom Howlett wrote that the new format will be supported soon, but this is already half a year ago. Could you please let me know the current status? Is the .esproj format already supported?

Best Regards
André

Hi André

We haven’t had a chance to support the new esproj format yet, but it remains high up our backlog. There is also a card here where we are collecting feedback. You can add your vote to this and receive notifications when it’s updated.

Kind regards

Tom

Hi André

It seems that our Scanner for .NET initially ignored these projects, however, if you create one of these projects in the latest version of VS2022 the projects are scanned successfully. It seems that Microsoft has been updating the Visual Studio Javascript SDK that is referenced and since version 0.5.35 its worked. If you have an older project that isn’t being scanned it may be possible for you to update the SDK version in the esproj file like this:

<Project Sdk="Microsoft.VisualStudio.JavaScript.Sdk/0.5.74-alpha">

We can’t guarantee that this won’t have other side effects but it worked for us. You’ll notice that all the versions of this SDK are alpha at the moment so things may change again.

I hope this update is helpful. Please let me know if you continue to have problems.

Tom