this is my first post looking for help from the experts. I’ve been trying to update Sonarqube Enterprise from 8.1 to 8.9.X and up until now, I haven’t succeeded because looks like there is something wrong when upgrading the DB.
This is the problem description:
- Upgrade process from 8.0 to 8.9.0/8.9.2 get hanged at step 3543.
- This process seems to do an ALTER TABLE to live_measures table, that have 95208033 records.
- This process seems to take more than 10 minutes.
- I noticed that when Postgres stops processing the query/table (by monitoring disc and CPU usage), Postgres talks back to the Sonarqube process on SonarQube server, but this does not reply, although the TCP connection is in ESTABLISHED status.
- Connection to the server changes to “idle in transaction” and it eventually dies (is removed)
- No activity (CPU or DISK) from this point onward.
I think it may be some kind of bug or connection issue on the SonarQube, as it is not answering to the notification. The issue could be related to the amount of time that step 3543 takes.
Could give me some advice or tip to make this process work?
Thanks in advance!