PR decoration possible for SonarQube and Azure DevOps Services

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    SonarQube Developer 8.4 (on premise)
    Azure DevOps Server 2019.1.1 up to now

• what are you trying to achieve
    Migrate to Azure DevOps Services

• what have you tried so far to achieve this

• Set up self-hosted build agent
  • Set up yaml build pipeline in the Azure DevOps Services
  • Analyzed project with temporary project key from Azure DevOps Services pipeline

According docu PR decoration is available for Azure DevOps Server. As the cloud offering is not mentioned there I wanted to ask before migrating if this is also available for Azure DevOps Services?

At the moment, still the PR decoration on the on premise Azure DevOps Server is still in use, so that I can’t test it with replacing the ALM integration.

Additional question: Can one SonarQube instance handle multiple Azure DevOps Service organizations?

We would be glad to know in advance if there are any limitations when continue using the SonarQube on-premise with the cloud Azure DevOps Services.

Hi Volker,

Support for Azure DevOps Services is currently unofficial - while technically possible to make it work. On our side, we are working on making this official which basically requires us to update labels and documentation.

One SonarQube instance can handle multiple ALMs such as multiple Azure DevOps Service organisations (via different tokens) as described here:

As part of Developer Edition, you can create one configuration for each ALM.

As part of Enterprise Edition and above, you can create multiple configurations for each ALM.

You would need Enterprise Edition or Data Center Edition.

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks for your answer @Daniel_Meppiel.

To my understanding Azure DevOps Services will go to the same ALM configuration as Azure DevOps Server, isn’t it? If yes, then I have t wait until we have migrated as unfortunately we’ve only licensed the Developer Edition.

But it is good news, that it is possible and as MMF-2132 is “in progress” maybe we still can get official in 8.x.