PR annotation not working

pull-request
sonarcloud
vsts

(Michel Zehnder) #1

PR annotation is not working, how can we diagnose this? (e.g. are there logs?)

Configuration:

• PR with SonarCloud build is setup
  • VSTS Personal Access Token and VSTS as SCM Provider are set on General -> Pull Request Page
  • SC analysis is executed
  • SC shows issues with the Pull Request
  • PR is NOT annotated with the issues <-- would like to troubleshoot this

Thanks
Michel

(Duarte Meneses) #2

Hi Michel,

Is it a open source project? If so, could you please post the link to the project? Thanks.

(Michel Zehnder) #3

Hi Duarte

No, it’s not.
Organization: quadrotech
Project Key: cms-api

Thanks
Michel

(Michel Zehnder) #4

@dmeneses Can you look at the logs or tell me how I can do it myself?
I’d really like to get this running ASAP, seems like such a good thing to have on PR’s

(Duarte Meneses) #5

Could you please send me the command line used to scan the PR and the logs of the scanner?
Feel free to mask things and send it as a private message if it contains sensitive information.

(Michel Zehnder) #6

Sure. Could you point me in the right direction on how to send a private message though? I can’t seem to locate this functionality :smiley:

(Duarte Meneses) #7

I’ve sent you a private message to which you can reply.

(Michel Zehnder) #8

The issue was Token related, we created a new Token and used it, then it started to work.

(Joris Debien) #9

I’m using a SonarCloud trial to set up a PoC to demo pull request decoration to my fellow devs & management. I’ve been following the documentation of the SonarCloud VSTS lab (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/labs/devops/sonarcloudlab/index) and, while sonarcloud analyses my branch and finds (expected) issues, these issues are not decorated in my PR as in the original post.

I’ve already tried creating a new token, but this doesn’t resolve the issue for me. What can I do to troubleshoot this connection?

(Michel Zehnder) #10

You should probably create a new thread and describe your issue