Old code issues are coming up in new Sonar analysis

• SonarQube Version 6.7.7 (build 38951) community edition.

• what are you trying to achieve
    My Jenkins & SonarQube are integrated and regularly jenkins build is triggering unit tests and pushing results to SonarQube.
    Some old issues which are not part of new code changes (New leak period) are coming after the analysis. So how we can avoid these old issues coming up in new leak period?

• what have you tried so far to achieve this
    I have tried multiple analysis after changing new leak period from “previous_version” to a specific date (like 2020-01-01) , but still issue is there.
    One workaround which I found is setting resolved status as “Wont fix” so that next analysis wont include the issue.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

We did quite a bit of work on issue backdating in the 7-series. To get better behavior in this area and because 6.7.7 is past EOL, you should upgrade to the current LTS, 7.9.3, or the current version, 8.2, at your earliest convenience.

HTH,
Ann

Thanks for the quick response.
I have tried to upgrade to version 8.2 (latest) by keeping a backup of existing DB. But while updating conf/sonar.properties file I came to know that 8.2 is not supporting the MySql DB. Current version i.e 6.7.7 supports Mysql. Then I stopped the upgrade because if I upgrade cannot use existing MySql DB.
How we can migrate to latest version without loosing current DB data (That has configurations ,user data, analysis data etc).

Thanks

Hi,

There’s a FLOSS migrator linked at the end of this post.

HTH,
Ann