NoSuchMethodError gets thrown when SensorContextTester.setSettings() is called for SonarQube 8.6

Hello,
I was updating the sonar dependency versions to the latest version (8.6.1.40680 for sonar-plugin-api and sonar-plugin-api-impl and 6.11.0.24617 for sonar-java-plugin) from the previous major versions.

I get the following error when calling verifyNoIssues() from InternalCheckVerifier in a java-rules test class:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'org.sonar.api.batch.sensor.internal.SensorContextTester org.sonar.api.batch.sensor.internal.SensorContextTester.setSettings(org.sonar.api.config.Settings)'

at org.sonar.java.testing.InternalCheckVerifier.sonarComponents(InternalCheckVerifier.java:551)
	at org.sonar.java.testing.InternalCheckVerifier.verifyAll(InternalCheckVerifier.java:204)
	at org.sonar.java.testing.InternalCheckVerifier.verifyNoIssues(InternalCheckVerifier.java:194)

What’s odd is the class SensorContextTester contains the setSettings() method (I can successfully perform the method call locally) and when debugging the execution through the verifyNoIssues()method call, the SensorContextTesterclass which is used, comes from the correct package (org.sonarsource.sonarqube:sonar-plugin-api-impl-8.6.1.40680), which also contains the setSettings() method. I’ve also deleted the older versions, so there shouldn’t be any conflict because of that.

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing the issue and/or how it may be resolved?
I’m using IntelliJ 2020.3 and java 13, in case it is relevant.