[NEW RELEASE] Quboo v1.0.5

Hello,

There is a new release of the Quboo Plugin available with these updates:

• It includes the CA so it verifies the authenticity of the Quboo server.
  • Now it supports servers with required authentication by passing an API token.
  • It fixes a bug that made the score not available.

Compatibility: 6.7 and newer
SonarCloud project
Pull Request on the Update Center project

Thanks!
Moises

Hi Moises,

Sorry to bust your chops, but you’re failing your quality gate on SC. I can’t add this to the Marketplace. :-(.

Could you add some code coverage and re-release?

Ann

Hi Ann,

Sorry for the delay. I added code coverage and released again the same version, links are the same. Could you please have a second look?

Thanks!
Moises

Hi Moises,

I see that your QG status flipped to Passed on the 20th, but I don’t see a new/re-release that day.

Ann

Yes, it’s a bit confusing indeed. I don’t know why GitHub doesn’t update the timestamp. But if you look at the commit id of the release, you can verify it points to the new changes.

Click goes to this commit.

Anyway, if you prefer we can also release a new version.

Okay!

I did try to figure this out on my own (I even Googled it! :D) but came up empty. Now that we’ve got this sorted out, I need you to make a small change to your properties file PR (commented in GH) and then we can move foward.

:slight_smile:
Ann

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the detailed help.
:white_check_mark: Changes applied!

Moises

Hi,

Done!

:slight_smile:
Ann

Thanks a lot!

Just one question: why does the plugin shows in the Marketplace with version 1.0.3-SNAPSHOT? I’m trying to find that in code or manifests to see where we missed the change but couldn’t find it.

Moises

Hi Moises,

Here’s what shows up in the plugin version matrix:

Selection_540

Maybe you’re dealing with cached/old/customized data?

Ann

@ganncamp take a look at https://update.sonarsource.org/update-center.properties, you’ll see this line:

quboo.1.0.5.displayVersion=1.0.3-SNAPSHOT

:wink:

Thanks Felipe,

I can only guess that value is coming from the plugin manifest. I’m on the road today. Ping again Monday if you haven’t figured this out.

Ann

Hi,

Thanks Felipe! I’ve been checking and I can’t find any reference to a version other than 1.0.5 in manifest files and poms. Maybe the plugin jar was cached on your side and it’s still using the previous build? Don’t know, just trying to figure out where that is coming from :confused:

Moises

Hi Moises,

I think I’ve figured this out. It’s (as usual) a combination of several things:

• the manifest for your 1.0.3 version includes this property: Plugin-Display-Version: 1.0.3-SNAPSHOT
  • the download for your 1.0.5 version is named exactly the same as for your 1.0.3 version: quboo-sonar-plugin.jar (versus, e.g. sonar-php-plugin-3.1.1.4762.jar)
  • the job that generates the Marketplace &etc data files pull all the downloads into the same directory and uses the jars’ manifest files as data sources.

Because your versions’ downloads have the same name, you’re experiencing last-saved-wins; the 1.0.3 download is providing metadata for both of your versions, hence the wrong display version. I suggest we scrap the 1.0.5 version, and you create a 1.0.6 version with a uniquely named jar and submit another PR.

Ann