I am attempting to move the SQ database from Postgres 9.2 to 9.6 and it does not work correctly. Assistance will be greatly appreciated.
SQ 7.1 and Postgres 9.2.24 running on the same CentOS 7.6 box
SQ 7.1 on one box, using Postgres 9.6.12 on another box, both CentOS 7.6
- Stop sonar
- Dump database with pg_dump --host=/tmp sonar | bzip2 > sonar.psql.bz2
- Copy dump to Postgres box
- Create the sonar database on the Postgres box
create user sonar with encrypted password 'md5…';
drop database sonar;
create database sonar owner sonar encoding 'UTF8';
grant all privileges on database sonar to sonar;
- Recreate the sonar database on the dedicated Postgres box
bzcat sonar.psql.bz2 | psql --host=/tmp--user=sonar --password
- Update sonar.properties with the new connection string
- Restart sonar
SonarQube knows how many projects it has, but does not display any of them. It does display information about rules and bugs, etc. Overall, it is not usable. Visiting the /setup endpoint does not accomplish anything.
Once I get this working, I will upgrade SQ from 7.1 to 7.7. If anything in the database upgrade process affects the SQ upgrade process, please share that information also.
Thanks in advance,