LDAP IDs not updating

Template for a good bug report, formatted with Markdown:

• SonarQube 7.7 and LDAP plugin 2.2(build 608)
  • We are changing our naming convention in AD from first initial and last name to firstname.lastname. Some IDs in SonarQube are not updating though some have. Only errors I have seen recently was an SQL connection related to our scheduled maintenance window this past weekend. I have tried the proper shutdown and start method. Taking a look in the SQL database I see the IDs have not updated in the dbo.users table
  • steps to reproduce - NA
  • I have tried to create a new ID however this just create a local account that is not tied to LDAP for auth. I have thrown around the idea of just enabling anonymous access as most users only have access to view and nothing else.

P.S.: use the #bug:fault sub-category if you’re hitting a specific crash/error , or the #bug:fp sub-category for rules-related behaviour

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

SonarQube 7.7 is past EOL. You should upgrade at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

7.7 → 7.9.4 → 8.5.1 (last step optional)

If your problem persists after upgrade, please come back to us.

:woman_shrugging:
Ann

I stood up a test instance and the issue persists. I plan on upgrading our production instance in the next two weeks. The upgrade was without any plugins being carried over, for example:

• Copied over new files
  • Updated config files
  • Ran the upgrade
  • Installed the needed plugins again

Anything I should take a look at now?

Thanks!

Still having this issue

I stood up a test instance and the issue persists. I plan on upgrading our production instance in the next two weeks. The upgrade was without any plugins being carried over, for example:

• Copied over new files
  • Updated config files
  • Ran the upgrade
  • Installed the needed plugins again

Anything I should take a look at now?

Thanks!