Java 11 Unsupported class file major version 55

Using JDK 11 to compile my projects, i experience an exception:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 55
when running the scanner through the maven sonar plugin (version 3.5.1254)

I suppose this is due to an outdated version of the java scanner, but i couldnt find a way to get the version.

Is there a way to find the java plugin version, and the upgrade planning? (5.8 seems to be required to be Java 11 compatible)

Thank you,

1 Like

Hi, indeed to analyze java 11 compiled code you need SonarJava 5.8 which is not (yet) deployed on SonarCloud. Ops team of SonarCloud is on the topic, so deployment should happen soon

Ok, i just have to wait for my daily CI to retrieve it,

Thank you Nicolas

@Nicolas_Peru, is there some sort of release/milestone schedule online so we can monitor when the upgrade to 5.8 might happen? How can JDK11 users be notified that version 5.8 has been deployed?

Hi,

SonarJava 5.8 has been deployed on SonarCloud.
For knowing about this, this is another issue which I am not really in position to answer, I’ll forward this feedback to the SonarCloud :sonarcloud: team.

2 Likes

I can confirm SonarJava 5.8 has been deployed to SonarCloud.

Edit: @Nicolas_Peru beat me to it!

2 Likes

Wonderful. Thank you both very much!

We are working on a “What’s new” page which will list all the recently deployed features/improvements. Should be live in a couple of weeks - hopefully :slight_smile:

I can also confirm that since some days, the java 11 source code is analysed like a charm, thanks.

1 Like

can you get the findbugs update into marketplace - we who do not run sonarcloud are stuck - sonar is the only tool in the way for running java 11 for us

1 Like