Installing Sonarqube via Homebrew on Mac throws Wrapper Error

I’ve been using Sonarqube through homebrew installation without issue on Mac, until recently a new version 9.2 was released. Now there’s an error when fresh installing sonarqube then running it:

Running SonarQube...
wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console
wrapper  | Java Service Wrapper Community Edition 64-bit 3.5.46
wrapper  |   Copyright (C) 1999-2021 Tanuki Software, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
wrapper  |     http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com
wrapper  |
wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
jvm 1    | WrapperManager: Initializing...
jvm 1    | WrapperManager:
jvm 1    | WrapperManager: ERROR - Unable to load the Wrapper's native library because none of the
jvm 1    | WrapperManager:         following files:
jvm 1    | WrapperManager:           libwrapper-macosx-universal-64.dylib
jvm 1    | WrapperManager:           libwrapper.dylib
jvm 1    | WrapperManager:         could be located on the following java.library.path:
jvm 1    | WrapperManager:           /usr/local/Cellar/sonarqube/9.2.0.49834/libexec/bin/macosx-universal-64/./lib
jvm 1    | WrapperManager:         Please see the documentation for the wrapper.java.library.path
jvm 1    | WrapperManager:         configuration property.
jvm 1    | WrapperManager: ERROR - The version of the Wrapper which launched this JVM is "3.5.46"
jvm 1    | WrapperManager:         while the version of the Wrapper jar file currently in use
jvm 1    | WrapperManager:         is "3.5.47".
wrapper  | <-- Wrapper Stopped

Hello @0xckylee ,

Welcome to the community.

SonarSource company is not responsible for distribution of SonarQube package via homebrew.

I would advice you to contact authors of that packaging. To me it looks like brew formula is using library from version 3.5.46 and the executable is from 3.5.47 - a bug in the implementation.

Best,
Jacek

1 Like