I’m using Sonarqube Version 7.9.1 with no plugins.
Trying to install with mssql database
We’ve installed sonarqube community with the default database (H2) without any issues.
It works on the url : http://localhost:9000
Now we want to go further and we try to install it with an mssql database.
We want to make the install on that version, so we can test the upgrade process on the latest version.
Until now :
We’ve create the SQL database sonar with a dedicated user that is dbowner. The database is on a separate server.
The file sqljdbc_auth.dll is copied in a path location on the sonarqube server
We’ve started with the same configuration and made changes in the connexion strings in sonar.properties.
Now I have some questions :
- I uninstalled the service, change the logon for the sonarqube service and set the same account as the dedicated sql account. I ran startsonar and startNTservice.bat. Is this ok ?
- In the actual data folder are all data from the H2 test database, how to wipe all that stuff? Maybe delete the data folder?
- We works with integrated security (AD Account) so I don’t use the user and password > As I read this > # Do not set sonar.jdbc.username or sonar.jdbc.password property if you are using Integrated Security
- In the file sonar.properties I read : # The schema must be created first. Where is the info to create all tables?
- My database engine is MSSQL 2019. The sonar database is made compatible with 2014
i followed instructions on this link https://docs.sonarqube.org/latest/setup/install-server/ but it does not answer all my questions
So we are now in trouble … Can someone help us ?