How to update Portfolio ID used on URL

Hi,
I am using SQ Enterprise 9.9 on-premise edition.
I like to update the portfolio Id value that shows up on the URL (as shown on the screenshot with green squre). How do I change the ID value? Currently it shows a wrong Id (showing another project id).
Thank you much,

Hi,

I’m confused. Are you trying to navigate to a different portfolio or are you trying to change an existing portfolio so it has a different key?

Ann

Hi Ann,
Thanks for the response. No, I don’t need to navigate to a different portfolio but yes, want to change the existing portfolio’s key so that the URL reflects the correct project name.

Thanks,

Hi,

Sorry, it doesn’t look like keys are editable. You would have to delete it and recreate it.

HTH,
Ann

Ok, this is exactly I was thinking too and trying to avoid deleting the portfolio. I thought if there would be a way to rename/edit the key of the existing one that’d be helpful. Is there way to create portfolios using some type of script or automated way?

Thanks,

Hi,

You can use the same APIs the UI uses. The best way to master the API is to perform the desired action via the UI and eavesdrop to see which calls the UI made to accomplish the action.

You may also find this guide helpful.

HTH,
Ann

Thanks for helping me, I will give a try.

Regards,
ZH

1 Like