How to run BuildWrapper for analyzing C/C++ project files without MSBuild.exe?

SonarQube version: 8.3
SonarScanner: 4.3

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

You’ll need to build (with the build wrapper) before you can analyze. If you build with MSBuild then you’ll need it as part of the analysis process. But if you don’t, simply use your normal built tooling. The docs should help.

Ann

Hi Ann,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I tried running build wrapper windows command "
build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe --out-dir build_wrapper_output_directory MSBuild.exe /t:Rebuild" but it did not build even after 12 hours. In that case, I just wanted to try without build wrapper, but this time I am getting error “The only way to get an accurate analysis of C/C++/Objective-C files is by using the SonarSource build-wrapper
and setting the property “sonar.cfamily.build-wrapper-output”, but it was not specified.” Kindly help me to run a sample CPP project. All my CPP files are in a single directory.

Hi,

Can you provide code-formatted (``` on the line before and on the line after) build logs?

Ann

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.