How to change the status of an issue detected by Roslyn?

Hi! For some reason, I can’t change statuses of issues detected by Roslyn (issue that marked with the ROSLYN badge). I can change the type and severity of such issues, but not the status, which is always “open” (I want to change it to “confirmed,” for example). The status of other issues can be changed without any problems.

I’m using SonarQube 8.5 (build 37579), the community edition. I’m not sure whether all Roslyn issues are like that, but the one that I can’t modify is caused by the usage of the Obsolete attribute in C#. I tried enabling all possible permissions, but nothing helps. Is it even possible to do what I want?

1 Like

Hi @vladimir-kazakov,

Welcome to the Community! :smiley:

Roslyn issues are treated in the same way as external issues which brings some limitations in how they can be managed in SonarQube. To quote the docs:

• you can’t manage them within SonarQube; for instance, there is no ability to mark them False Positive.
  • you can’t manage the activation of the rules that raise these issues within SonarQube. External rules aren’t visible on the Rules page or reflected in Quality Profiles.

Once a Roslyn issue is fixed in the code, it will be closed in the next scan.

I hope this clarifies!

Regards,

Cameron.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! I was trying to find this info in docs, but somehow missed the page you referenced. This limitation is quite strange, considering the fact that other properties of an issue (type and severity) can be modified. It’s also very unfortunate, because I was going to treat “open” issues as not being reviewed, and “confirmed” issues as being reviewed and ready to be fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.