How does SonarQube 7.9.5 manage subprojects?

Hi,

We have migrated from SonarQube 6.7.6 to 7.9.5.

When using version 6.7.6 (with Maven), we had a project with a structure defined like the following (pom.xml):
mainProject
<“modules”>
<“module> moduleA <”/module>
<“module> moduleB <”/module>
<"/modules">

So when we executed mvn clean install sonar:sonar, there were three entries in SonarQube: mainProject, as a project, and moduleA and module B, as subprojects (subprojects were created automatically).

Now, on version 7.9.5, I can’t or I don´t know how to get this. When I execute sonar:sonar, there are no subprojects, just the main project, but I don’t know how to access to the report of a module of the project (or submodule).

Something has changed, could you provide me some help about how to manage this on this version?

Hi Sergio,

SonarQube 7.9 is not supported anymore, since SonarQube 8.9 LTS was released early May this year. I would suggest upgrading to SonarQube 8.9 LTS as soon as possible.

With regards to the functionality you mention, analysis of multi-module Maven projects will not create a separate project per module anymore. If you wish to create a project per module, you will need to scan each module separately.

Hi, Daniel
Thank you for your answer.
So, I assume, by your words, that the functionality I ask for is no longer available also on version 8.9, am I right?

You guessed correctly.

When you scan the multi-module project from the root Pom.xml, you will get a single project generated in SonarQube, containing all aggregated metrics for all modules.

If you want to have a separate SonarQube project per module, you need to run the scan separately for each module, with the module’s Pom.xml. This would only make sense if different teams handle each module separately in your organization, or each module needs to follow a different policy.

Cheers,
Daniel

Oh, it’s a pity, we found that functionality useful.
We will try to adapt to this new way.

Thank you, Daniel.