Help me - ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution - (TeamCity & SonarQube integration)

SonarQube version - 8.6
Sonar Scanner version - 4.5.0.2216
Teamcity version - 2020.2.1 (build 85633)

Hi folks, I am trying to check code quality using CI/CD pipeline from Teamcity server. In my project I have a job with two build steps. SonarQube also running as a local server.

My web app is running on jdk 1.8 and sonarqube is configured with jre 11. Both are running successfully

1. One is to fetch the code from SVN and create a build - it is successful
  2. Second one is to analyze the code and check the code quality from SonarQube server - It is failed (ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution)

This is the Build log of my job

Hello
The error you are seeing:

org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNAuthenticationException: svn: E170001: Authentication required for '

suggests a problem with SVN configuration on the SonarQube side. Your SonarQube needs to correctly configure SVN credentials to access SVN server. Under Administration/Configuration/General/SCM/SVN of your SonarQube instance you should double check that the the credentials you specified are correct and that you can access the project you are analyzing on the SVN server with them.

Best,
Michal

Hi Michal,

Thank you for your reply. As you said there is problem with SVN. I fixed that with adding these building parameters in the build step “-Dsonar.scm.disabled=True”.

Regards,
Khopi

Hello Khopi
Passing sonar.scm.disabled=true will disable SCM integration altogether which is normally not what you want to do (you lose blame information). It can be used as workaround, but ideally you would configure correctly the SVN access in SonarQube to profit from the SCM integration.
Best,
Michal

Hi Michal,

Actually, My first build step is configured with SVN. The issue I got with second build step. So, I think it won’t affect the SVN integration.

Regards,
Khopi

Hello Khopi
From what you explained the first step is fetching the code - this step is not linked to SonarQube. To get SCM integration inside SonarQube you need to correctly configure SVN credentials on the SonarQube side to get the integration in step two.

Michal

Hi Michal,

Actually, I’m using teamcity to create CI/CD. So, the first build step is integrate with SVN and fetches the code. I didn’t configure SVN directly into the SonarQube. In the second build step, I am using SonarQube to analyze the code

I got this SVN related issue in the second build step. I don’t need SVN integration in my second build step. So, I made it disable.

Best,
Khopi

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.