Group permissions synchronization

Hello,
We’re using Sonar chart.
We have a lot of teams on github and would like to know if it’s possible to export their permissions on the different repos on sonarqube ? And can a user belong to more than one group on sonarqube ? Because we tried it but it didn’t seems to work.
We’re using Sonarqube version 9.4.0.54424 and the chart version 3.0.0
Thanks for your help !

Hi,

Sorry, but I don’t understand the question. Perhaps the docs will help.

Yes, absolutely! And, as described in the group mapping docs I linked above, when you’re synchronizing group membership from your identity provider - GitHub, in this case - the user needs to be in all those groups in the IDP (GitHub) and the groups need to already exist in SonarQube.

HTH,
Ann

Thanks for your answer !
The first time we tried to add users who belongs to more than one group, they had none of their groups but we tried again and it seemed to work … Do we need to wait until sonar understands that the group is synchronized with github ? Or was it a bug ?

And the groups have access to repos on github, is it possible to automatically get the same permissions on sonar projects for the same groups ?

Hi,

No idea what was going on with those first attempts. I think we can chalk it up to a glitch. Regarding group permissions to projects, I think you’ll need to grant that manually.

Ann

Thanks, do you know if the automatisation is on the roadmap ? It would be a nice feature

Hi,

I don’t know for sure. I’ve pinged internally. Maybe the Product Manager will weight in…

Ann

Thanks you