Failed Analysis ID AYXc60oVjBBBzw7_IgqJ

Template for a good new topic, formatted with Markdown:

• ALM used: GitHub

• CI system used: None

• Scanner command used when applicable (private details masked): None

• Error observed:

The last analysis has failed. If it keeps on failing after several attempts, please contact us on Community forum and provide the following failing analysis ID: "...".

We are using autoscan with private repo. What is a problem here?

And additional question: Do I need to post failure ID anytime and check errors via Community Forum? It is ridiculous. How to check error details by myself?

And second question while waiting response for the first one:

I can see Pull Request at SonarCloud’s web page that was closed one day before. And “First analysis in progress” about 20 hours.

Is cloud version of SonarQube production ready?

Hi @theuser

I investigated the failed analysis ID you provided and here is the error I found:

ERROR: Wildcards ** and * are not supported in “sonar.sources” and “sonar.tests” properties. “sonar.sources” and “sonar.tests” properties support only comma separated list of directories. Use “sonar.exclusions/sonar.inclusions” and “sonar.test.exclusions/sonar.test.inclusions” to further filter files in “sonar.sources” and “sonar.tests” respectively. Please refer to SonarCloud documentation for more details.

Hence you may want to check if you have a sonar-project.properties file containing definitions contrary to the above requirements. See: Automatic analysis & SonarCloud

I also could see that you had a successful analysis on the project main branch a few minutes after the failed analysis. Does it mean you found the way to solve your issue?

Let me know. Thanks

1 Like

Yes, the only first (initial) analysis completed successfully. First version of .sonarcloud.properties didn’t have ** marks. I added it after. It makes sense.

It is finally working now!

Is here any way to know an error message by myself? Without waiting support?

1 Like

@theuser thanks for your feedback.
No unfortunately, there’s no capability right now for you to see the error message by yourself upon automated analyses. I’ve raised this feedback to our product management.

Thank you. I have been wait about a week for response and fixed the issue for 2 minutes after getting error message.

I scared to experiment and debug new configuration in future…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.