Fail to set up email notification on sonarqube-7.3

• version: sonarqube-7.3
  • error observed :
    I’m trying to set up email notification on sonarqube, I’ve configured email related configuration, my smtp server are “smtp-mail.outlook.com”, but when I click the “Send Test Email” button on configuration page, I always get error message “Read timed out. Exception reading response. Sending the email to the following server failed : smtp-mail.outlook.com:587

From <SONAR_HOME>/logs/access.log, I see following error log:

• [22/Oct/2018:01:27:41 -0700] “POST /sonar/api/emails/send HTTP/1.1” 400 161 “http://10.176.6.49:9000/sonar/admin/settings” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.100 Safari/537.36” “AWXxeD2iBiGKrTXaAG6c”

Can anyone help me on this issue?

Hi,

It’s not the access log that will help you here. Take a look at the Troubleshooting documentation.

Ann

Thanks for the reply, Ann.

The problem is, when I click “Send Test Email” button and observed above error issue, only access.log has update, other log files in your troubleshooting page has no message output at all. Could you help?

In simple ask, which special points I need to take care of if I need to send email notification from sonarqube, I’ve check all configuration from document regarding email notification on sonar but still not works. By the way, I use outlook.com smtp server, and confirmed sonarqube instance is able to connect with that smtp server.

Hi,

I really don’t know what else to tell you. The first step is to make sure SonarQube can send that test email to/via your SMTP server, and with no error logs, it’s going to be impossible to help you diagnose this remotely.

Ann

Hello All,

I am able to send emails with below SMTP details.

SMTP Host : smtp.office365.com
Port : 587
SMTP UserName :
SMTP Password :
Secure Connection : starttls
From Address :
To Address :

Thanks,
Srinivas