[External Issues Report] - Secondary Locations not importing

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)

- id "org.sonarqube" version "3.4.0.2513"

• what are you trying to achieve

- import external Issues Report into sonar cloud
        - Currently we have the primary locations of issues showing in sonar cloud but secondary locations 
          do not show up. the paths are the same format and all required information is present. 

• what have you tried so far to achieve this

- we are using jq to parse and modify the json provided by 3rd party tool
        - this is being done on a test release/.. branch so full code should be analyzed

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

I don’t understand this part:

Is that your scanner version?

Can you share the generic issues report you generate?

Ann

Thanks Ann!,

Ive attached the external issues report we are using. the above is the gradle plugin we are using in android studio.

Hi,

Thanks for the file. Eyeballing it, it looks valid (but then you knew that already :sweat_smile:).

Can you verify that you’re on SonarQube 9.9?

Ann

i dont know if i can find which version of the scanner is being used. we are only using the gradle plugin to run the analysis. i will try to upgrade to latest version of the plugin and see if there is any change.

This link is under 9.9 SonarScanner for Gradle but there is a newer plugin version available here: Gradle - Plugin: org.sonarqube

Hi,

Can you check your SonarQube page footer for the version number there? I’m asking about server version at this point, not the scanner version.

:smiley:
Ann

Hey ann,

i apologize but all i have access to is SonarCloud attached is a footer of that webpage

Okay! You filed this under SonarQube. I’ll re-file it and flag it for more expert attention.

Ann

Ann. Upgrading gradle plugin to 4.0.0.2929 solved the issue. thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi,

Good to know! Thanks for the followup!

Ann