Exposing the SonarQube server to the SonarScanner via the Azure api management service?

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • what are you trying to achieve
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this

Server Version 8.2.0.32929
SonarScanner 4.6.0.2311

I need to arrange a way to run SonarQube scans in an Azure build pipeline and send the scans to a SQ server running on-premise.

Build agents would seem to be the best choice however that’s been ruled out and I have been advised to look at using the Azure api Management service.

Exposing api’s to publically accessible services makes complete sense to me, but does seem like it might work assuming the networks/vpn/dns are configure to permit it.

To do this though it looks to me like the client 0 in the case sonarscanner must know how to read an explicit definition of the api’s from the api manager service and be redirected by it to the actual SQ scanner server, and to arrange that the SQ server apis that the scanner consumes must be explicitly defined.

Does this assessment seem correct? Secondly is this feasible or possible i.e. running a sonarscanner in an Azure DevOps pipeline and arranging it to send scans to the Api Manage (which I assume) shall redirect it to the on-premise SonarServer?