Error with C++ CustomBuild step calling "uicc" while analyzing with Sonar Scanner MSBuild

Which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension):
I’m using SonarCloud and am analyzing my open source project winLAME (https://sonarcloud.io/dashboard?id=winLAME, code is in https://github.com/vividos/winLAME). I’m using Sonar Scanner MSBuild 4.6.2.2108-net46.

What are you trying to achieve:
I’m using a CustomBuild MSBuild element (configured in Visual Studio, actually) that compiles a MainFrameRibbon.xml into an .rc, .h and .bml file. You can see the part here:

The tool used is called “uicc” and is from Microsoft. The following error is produced:

ERROR: Error during SonarQube Scanner execution
ERROR: Illegal char <:> at index 7: /header:D:\Projekte\winLAME\source\winlame\res\MainFrameRibbon.h
ERROR:
The SonarQube Scanner did not complete successfully
22:20:18.176  Post-processing failed. Exit code: 1

After a bit of search, it was clear that the error comes from this command line:

uicc D:\Projekte\winLAME\source\winlame\res\MainFrameRibbon.xml D:\Projekte\winLAME\source\winlame\res\MainFrameRibbon.bml /header:D:\Projekte\winLAME\source\winlame\res\MainFrameRibbon.h /res:D:\Projekte\winLAME\source\winlame\res\MainFrameRibbon.rc

You can reproduce the error by cloning the GitHub repository, go to the “source” folder and run SonarCloud.cmd (you obviously need to specify a different project to successfully run the analysis, since SONARLOGIN is an envionment variable only set on my development PC.

How can I stop the Sonar Scanner from analyzing this command line? Thanks! Michael

Hi @vividos,

could you please share the full analysis log?

Here’s the build-wrapper.log, the build-wrapper-dump.json and the stdout of the SonarCloud.cmd run.
build-wrapper.log.txt (85.2 KB)
build-wrapper-dump.json.txt (60.0 KB)
sonarcloud-log.txt (37.6 KB)

Hi @vividos,

I created a ticket on our side to fix the issue CPP-2257, it is going to be deployed on SonarCloud in the upcoming weeks. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hello @vividos,

FYI the bug fix is now deployed on SonarCloud.