Error while upgrading to sonarqube7.9

Hey,
We are using sonarqube7.8, Version 7.8 (build 26217) inside docker with postgresql (on base machine). It is working fine.
We have to upgrade it to version 7.9 LTS but when we are trying to upgrade Image in docker-compose file and run 7.9 version then container it is not starting the container (SonarQube is stopped)
We have tried with official sonarqube docker images - (sonarqube:7.9.1-community, sonarqube:7.9.2-community, sonarqube:7.9.3-community) and we have tried with custom sonarqube docker image as well.
We are using same es6 directory and sonar.properties as working setup of 7.8
We have shared existing Dockerfile (for working 7.8 version), sonar.properties, custom Dockerfile (7.9) and Log files.
Can you help us that where we are doing it wrong.
Thanks is advance.

es.log (80.1 KB) web.log (284.5 KB) sonar.log (36.3 KB)

Screenshot_2020-08-14_17-37-30 Dockerfile.txt (1.7 KB)sonar.properties.txt (17.0 KB)

Hi,

When you read those server logs you posted, what if anything caught your eye?

Ann

Hi Ann,

One thing that I have checked is - in web.log
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to start database
Caused by: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Wrong user name or password [28000-176]

But I’m not sure as we are using same sonar-properties file for working one with same credentials of postgres.
Only difference is in working 7.8 we have used openjdk:8 while new 7.9 will use openjdk:11

Some of the errors that we have are -

Hi,

This error indicates that your SonarQube instance is trying to start up the embedded H2 database because it doesn’t see any configuration for an external DB.

Ann

Hey there @Bharat_Vyas ,

the compose snippet you send looks like it was using some deprecated environment variable notation. can you try to define these as stated here:

SONAR_JDBC_URL
SONAR_JDBC_USERNAME
SONAR_JDBC_PASSWORD

also change your postgresql password… it is listed within the sonar.properties file you provided. you commented it out but forget to remove it :wink:

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the help, it worked for us.
We have commented the sonar.properties from volume section of docker-compose and used docker environment variables instead.
And Yeah I will change the password too. :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.