##[error][SQ] API GET '/api/server/version' failed, error was: {"code":"CERT_HAS_EXPIRED"}

I’m running Azure Devops Server 2020 Update 1. I have SonarQube extension 4.23.1 installed. I’ve read a number of threads about the Lets Encrypt issue (when the root/intermediate expired last fall).

I have a similar situation - we issue certs from an internal CA. The issued cert on our SQ server is valid, but the prior root CA expired yesterday. The current cert was issued by the new root CA. I can browse to the webUI with no issues (cert is good until 1/31/2024). But the ADO extension is getting the cert expired error in pipelines.

I see something about a ver 5 of the SQ extension - but the marketplace tells me 4.23.1 is the latest.

EDIT: I was able to update the extension to 5.4.0 by completely removing/installing. But the error remains.

Would appreciate any help.

I have resolved this by updating NODE_EXTRA_CA_CERTS (because apparently node doesn’t respect the OS cert store). I didn’t realize I had put this extra copy of the CA cert on the file system some years ago.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.