Error in SonarLint for IntelliJ on Windows 11

Environment:

• Java: JetBrains s.r.o. 11.0.13
  • IDE: PyCharm 2021.3.1
  • SonarLint: 6.4.1.42145
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create directory: G:\My Drive\PycharmProjects\Development\.idea\sonarlint\issuestore
	at o.ss.sl.core.client.api.util.FileUtils.mkdirs(FileUtils.java:208)
	at o.sl.ij.issue.persistence.IssuePersistence.<init>(IssuePersistence.java:47)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:490)
	at c.ij.serviceContainer.ConstructorInjectionKt.instantiateUsingPicoContainer(constructorInjection.kt:52)
	at c.ij.serviceContainer.ComponentManagerImpl.instantiateClassWithConstructorInjection(ComponentManagerImpl.kt:876)
	at c.ij.serviceContainer.ServiceComponentAdapter.createAndInitialize(ServiceComponentAdapter.kt:47)
	at c.ij.serviceContainer.ServiceComponentAdapter.access$createAndInitialize(ServiceComponentAdapter.kt:12)
	at c.ij.serviceContainer.ServiceComponentAdapter$doCreateInstance$1.compute(ServiceComponentAdapter.kt:41)
	at c.ij.oa.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.registerIndicatorAndRun(CoreProgressManager.java:698)
	at c.ij.oa.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.computeUnderProgress(CoreProgressManager.java:646)
	at c.ij.oa.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.computeInNonCancelableSection(CoreProgressManager.java:237)

Hello @tpcgold,

Welcome to the community.

By any chance would you still have the complete stack trace ? It is truncated here, and the full one should give us more details.

I can see that your projects reside in My Drive which I presume is a Google Drive folder ? This folder probably has specific permissions, I recall a recent similar issue with OneDrive. The other explanation could be that an antivirus is running, preventing the write of this file on disk.

Could you try to check if there are some restrictions on this folder and if it’s the case try to temporarily remove them ?

Thanks