AccessDeniedException during SonarLint Analysis - Assistance required

Hi,

I have a windows 10 installation with Eclipse Oxygen.
The Binding to sonarQube is OK, but SonarLint console is giving me errors.

I have read through the online community issues and found that I am facing an issue with Sonar Lint doing a scan of my code.

It appears to be my class path and sonarLint doesnt have access to my C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Application Data folder.

I am running Eclipse and the Project from a OneDrive folder, but my Java JDK and Maven Repo are installed on my local C:\Users\****** drive.

I have the stacktrace below.

What Can I do to fix this issue without a major installation / changes to my local environment please?

Thanks and regards

Mark

Configured Java source version (sonar.java.source): 8
JavaClasspath initialization
Error during execution of SonarLint analysis
java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Application Data
	at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath.getFilesInDir(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:149)
	at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath.getFilesForPattern(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:135)
	at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath.getFilesFromProperty(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:88)
	at org.sonar.java.JavaClasspath.init(JavaClasspath.java:54)
	at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath.getElements(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:280)
	at org.sonar.java.SonarComponents.getJavaClasspath(SonarComponents.java:209)
	at org.sonar.java.JavaSquid.<init>(JavaSquid.java:84)
	at org.sonar.plugins.java.JavaSquidSensor.execute(JavaSquidSensor.java:87)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analyzer.sensor.SensorsExecutor.executeSensor(SensorsExecutor.java:80)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analyzer.sensor.SensorsExecutor.execute(SensorsExecutor.java:71)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.analysis.AnalysisContainer.doAfterStart(AnalysisContainer.java:133)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:126)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.ComponentContainer.execute(ComponentContainer.java:111)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.storage.StorageAnalyzer.analyze(StorageAnalyzer.java:77)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.storage.StorageContainerHandler.analyze(StorageContainerHandler.java:80)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.lambda$analyze$0(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:159)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.AbstractSonarLintEngine.withModule(AbstractSonarLintEngine.java:87)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.lambda$analyze$1(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:157)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.withReadLock(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:371)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.withReadLock(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:361)
	at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.analyze(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:155)
	at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.engine.connected.ConnectedEngineFacade.lambda$15(ConnectedEngineFacade.java:392)
	at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.engine.connected.ConnectedEngineFacade.withEngine(ConnectedEngineFacade.java:185)
	at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.engine.connected.ConnectedEngineFacade.runAnalysis(ConnectedEngineFacade.java:391)
	at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AnalyzeConnectedProjectJob.runAnalysis(AnalyzeConnectedProjectJob.java:70)
	at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AnalyzeConnectedProjectJob.runAnalysis(AnalyzeConnectedProjectJob.java:1)
	at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.run(AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.java:400)
	at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.runAnalysisAndUpdateMarkers(AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.java:208)
	at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.doRun(AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.java:162)
	at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AbstractSonarProjectJob.run(AbstractSonarProjectJob.java:45)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:56)
Caused by: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Application Data
	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsDirectoryStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newDirectoryStream(Unknown Source)
	at java.nio.file.Files.newDirectoryStream(Unknown Source)
	at java.nio.file.FileTreeWalker.visit(Unknown Source)
	at java.nio.file.FileTreeWalker.next(Unknown Source)
	at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Unknown Source)
	at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath$AbstractFileFinder.find(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:243)
	at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath.getMatchingDirs(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:174)
	at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath.getFilesInDir(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:146)

Hello Mark,

Welcome to the community and thanks for raising this issue.

Let me ask a few questions:

• what version of SonarQube are you using ? It seems it is a bit old
  • what version of SonarLint are you using ?
  • what are the permissions set on this folder ? Could you try granting full permissions to check if it helps ?
  • do you use an antivirus ? If yes, could you try to temporarily disable it ?
  • could you send us traces when you try to analyze a file ? See how to activate verbose traces here

Thanks

Hi Damien,

Thanks for your reply.
The version of SonarQube is * Version 7.9.4 (build 35981)
My local version of SonarLint 6.2
I have just changed all the permissions and removed read only permissions which are set in the Eclipse folder and workspace folder.
This morning I reinstalled the SonarLint and created new bindings for my project.
I can see in the folder that the configuration.pb is missing, but I am not sure how to rectify this.

Some log info has been anonymized

Kind regards

Mark

An extract from my console with verbose logging enables is below:

Starting SonarLint for Eclipse 6.2.0.37299
Starting SonarLint engine for connection ‘xyz.xyz.com’…
Found Secrets detection plugin: bundleentry://1052.fwk2039344872/plugins/sonar-secrets-plugin-1.1.0.36766.jar
Create : C:\Users\a*******.sonarlint\plugins
Plugin cache: C:\Users\a*******.sonarlint\plugins
Create : C:\Users\a*******.sonarlint\plugins_tmp
Load plugins
Load plugins (done) | time=329ms
Plugins:

• SonarPython 1.14.1.3143 (python)
  • SonarRPG 2.3.0.1187 (rpg)
  • SonarKotlin 1.5.0.315 (kotlin)
  • SonarTSQL 1.4.0.3334 (tsql)
  • SonarPLI 1.10.0.1880 (pli)
  • Sonar Secrets Plugin for SonarQube 1.1.0.36766 (secrets)
  • SonarApex 1.5.0.315 (sonarapex)
  • SonarJS 5.2.1.7778 (javascript)
  • SonarRuby 1.5.0.315 (ruby)
  • SonarPLSQL 3.4.1.2576 (plsql)
  • SonarScala 1.5.0.315 (sonarscala)
  • License for SonarLint 7.9.4 (license)
  • SonarJava 5.13.1.18282 (java)
  • SonarCOBOL 4.4.0.3403 (cobol)
  • SonarHTML 3.1.0.1615 (web)
  • SonarXML 2.0.1.2020 (xml)
  • SonarPHP 3.2.0.4868 (php)
  • SonarABAP 3.8.0.2034 (abap)
    Using storage for connection ‘xyz.xyz.com’ (last update 01/11/21 11:03)
    Started security hotspot handler on port 64120
    Check for updates from server ‘xyz.xyz.com
    Create : C:\Users\a*******.sonarlint\plugins
    Plugin cache: C:\Users\a*******.sonarlint\plugins
    Create : C:\Users\a*******.sonarlint\plugins_tmp
    Downloaded server infos in 191ms
    Downloaded settings in 189ms
    Downloaded plugin list in 178ms
    Code analyzer ‘checkstyle’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘clover’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘cobertura’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘findbugs’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘fxcop’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘scmgit’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘authgithub’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘groovy’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘jacoco’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘ldap’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘pmd’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘ps’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘authsaml’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘csharp’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘cpp’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘cssfamily’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘flex’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘go’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘swift’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘typescript’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘vbnet’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘vb’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘scmsvn’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘security’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘securitycsharpfrontend’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘securityjavafrontend’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.
    Code analyzer ‘securityphpfrontend’ is not compatible with SonarLint. Skip downloading it.

Downloaded quality profiles in 430ms
Check for binding data updates on ‘xyz.xyz.com’ for project ‘xyz.xyz:xyz.xyz-App’
Downloaded settings in 217ms
Page downloaded in 185ms
Error when checking for configuration update of project ‘xyz.xyz:xyz.xyz-App’
org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.client.api.exceptions.StorageException: Failed to read file: C:\Users\a*******\OneDrive - companyX Technology Group, LLC\a*******\2021-workspace.sonarlint\storage\736f6e61722e666d722e636f6d\projects\636f6d2e666d722e657467732e61703134353132393a455447532d4644412d45444d542d444d492d417070\configuration.pb
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.storage.ProtobufUtil.readFile(ProtobufUtil.java:46)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.storage.StorageReader.readProjectConfig(StorageReader.java:33)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.connected.update.check.ProjectStorageUpdateChecker.checkForUpdates(ProjectStorageUpdateChecker.java:51)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.connected.ConnectedContainer.checkForUpdate(ConnectedContainer.java:160)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.lambda$checkIfProjectStorageNeedUpdate$9(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:217)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.runInConnectedContainer(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:331)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.lambda$checkIfProjectStorageNeedUpdate$10(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:217)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.withReadLock(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:371)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.withReadLock(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:361)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.checkIfProjectStorageNeedUpdate(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:217)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.engine.connected.ConnectedEngineFacade.lambda$11(ConnectedEngineFacade.java:291)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.engine.connected.ConnectedEngineFacade.withEngine(ConnectedEngineFacade.java:185)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.engine.connected.ConnectedEngineFacade.checkForUpdates(ConnectedEngineFacade.java:291)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.ui.internal.job.CheckForUpdatesJob.checkForUpdates(CheckForUpdatesJob.java:67)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.ui.internal.job.CheckForUpdatesJob.run(CheckForUpdatesJob.java:50)
Caused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\Users\a*******\OneDrive - companyX Technology Group, LLC\a*******\2021-workspace.sonarlint\storage\736f6e61722e666d722e636f6d\projects\636f6d2e666d722e657467732e61703134353132393a455447532d4644412d45444d542d444d492d417070\configuration.pb
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newInputStream(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.file.Files.newInputStream(Unknown Source)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.storage.ProtobufUtil.readFile(ProtobufUtil.java:43)
… 15 more

Unable to check for binding data updates on ‘xyz.xyz.com
org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.client.api.exceptions.DownloadException: Error when checking for configuration update of project ‘xyz.xyz:xyz.xyz-App’: Failed to read file: C:\Users\a*******\OneDrive - companyX Technology Group, LLC\a*******\2021-workspace.sonarlint\storage\736f6e61722e666d722e636f6d\projects\636f6d2e666d722e657467732e61703134353132393a455447532d4644412d45444d542d444d492d417070\configuration.pb
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.connected.ConnectedContainer.checkForUpdate(ConnectedContainer.java:165)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.lambda$checkIfProjectStorageNeedUpdate$9(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:217)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.runInConnectedContainer(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:331)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.lambda$checkIfProjectStorageNeedUpdate$10(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:217)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.checkIfProjectStorageNeedUpdate(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:217)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.engine.connected.ConnectedEngineFacade.lambda$11(ConnectedEngineFacade.java:291)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.engine.connected.ConnectedEngineFacade.checkForUpdates(ConnectedEngineFacade.java:291)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.ui.internal.job.CheckForUpdatesJob.checkForUpdates(CheckForUpdatesJob.java:67)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.ui.internal.job.CheckForUpdatesJob.run(CheckForUpdatesJob.java:50)

Trigger: EDITOR_OPEN
Unable to read server side exclusions. Check your binding.
org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.client.api.exceptions.StorageException: Failed to read file: C:\Users\a*******\OneDrive - companyX Technology Group, LLC\a*******\2021-workspace.sonarlint\storage\736f6e61722e666d722e636f6d\projects\636f6d2e666d722e657467732e61703134353132393a455447532d4644412d45444d542d444d492d417070\configuration.pb
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.storage.ProtobufUtil.readFile(ProtobufUtil.java:46)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.storage.StorageReader.readProjectConfig(StorageReader.java:33)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.storage.StorageFileExclusions.getExcludedFiles(StorageFileExclusions.java:47)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.storage.StorageContainerHandler.getExcludedFiles(StorageContainerHandler.java:114)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.lambda$getExcludedFiles$14(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:250)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.getExcludedFiles(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:250)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.engine.connected.ConnectedEngineFacade.lambda$40(ConnectedEngineFacade.java:633)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.engine.connected.ConnectedEngineFacade.getServerFileExclusions(ConnectedEngineFacade.java:633)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.utils.FileExclusionsChecker.lambda$2(FileExclusionsChecker.java:76)
at java.util.Optional.ifPresent(Unknown Source)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.utils.FileExclusionsChecker.filterExcludedFiles(FileExclusionsChecker.java:73)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.utils.FileExclusionsChecker.isExcluded(FileExclusionsChecker.java:91)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.lambda$2(AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.java:125)
at java.util.Arrays$ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.doRun(AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.java:123)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AbstractSonarProjectJob.run(AbstractSonarProjectJob.java:45)
Caused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\Users\a*******\OneDrive - companyX Technology Group, LLC\a*******\2021-workspace.sonarlint\storage\736f6e61722e666d722e636f6d\projects\636f6d2e666d722e657467732e61703134353132393a455447532d4644412d45444d542d444d492d417070\configuration.pb
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newInputStream(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.file.Files.newInputStream(Unknown Source)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.storage.ProtobufUtil.readFile(ProtobufUtil.java:43)
… 19 more

It seems that the storage is incomplete/corrupted, possibly due to the previous error you got. You could try to delete the C:\Users\a*******\OneDrive - companyX Technology Group, LLC\a*******\2021-workspace.sonarlint\storage folder on the file system. Then in the SonarLint Bindings I suggest you delete and recreate the binding, keeping an eye on the logs to check if everything goes well.

Something that puzzles me is the folder 2021-workspace.sonarlint, is it one of the things you redacted for this post ? It should be 2021-workspace\.sonarlint.

Another random idea, I see that the final path of configuration.pb is pretty long (~250 chars), and I know that there are some limitations for paths length on Windows. Maybe you could also try to shorten some folder names or move your workspace folder closer to the root of the drive?

Hope this helps

Hi Damien,

Thanks for your message. I have followed your advice and I have created a new Eclipse workspace, deleted .sonar from where the source code / project binding was.
This has given me a new project configuration.pb. I have connectivity with SonarQube project.

When I modify a java file in Eclipse I am faced with an error. It would appear to be a classpath issue.
I dont know why C:\Users*******\AppData\Local\Application Data is there as it is not used or available locally? The M2 Repo is in a different directory than the project or eclipse directory though.

Thanks in advance

Mark

The error that I am now facing is an AccessDenied Exception.
This is an extract from the console.

Setting filesystem encoding: UTF-8
Execute Sensor: JavaSquidSensor
java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Users*\AppData\Local\Application Data
at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath.getFilesInDir(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:149)
at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath.getFilesForPattern(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:135)
at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath.getFilesFromProperty(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:88)
at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath.getElements(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:280)
at org.sonar.java.JavaSquid.(JavaSquid.java:84)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analyzer.sensor.SensorsExecutor.executeSensor(SensorsExecutor.java:80)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analyzer.sensor.SensorsExecutor.execute(SensorsExecutor.java:71)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.analysis.AnalysisContainer.doAfterStart(AnalysisContainer.java:133)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:126)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.ComponentContainer.execute(ComponentContainer.java:111)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.storage.StorageAnalyzer.analyze(StorageAnalyzer.java:77)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.storage.StorageContainerHandler.analyze(StorageContainerHandler.java:80)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.lambda$analyze$0(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:159)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.AbstractSonarLintEngine.withModule(AbstractSonarLintEngine.java:87)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.lambda$analyze$1(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:157)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.analyze(ConnectedSonarLintEngineImpl.java:155)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.engine.connected.ConnectedEngineFacade.lambda$15(ConnectedEngineFacade.java:392)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.engine.connected.ConnectedEngineFacade.runAnalysis(ConnectedEngineFacade.java:391)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AnalyzeConnectedProjectJob.runAnalysis(AnalyzeConnectedProjectJob.java:70)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AnalyzeConnectedProjectJob.runAnalysis(AnalyzeConnectedProjectJob.java:1)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.run(AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.java:400)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.runAnalysisAndUpdateMarkers(AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.java:208)
at org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.doRun(AbstractAnalyzeProjectJob.java:162)
Caused by: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Users*
\AppData\Local\Application Data
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsDirectoryStream.(Unknown Source)
at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath$AbstractFileFinder.find(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:243)
at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath.getMatchingDirs(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:174)
at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath.getFilesInDir(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:146)
… 30 more

Are you sure you activated debug logs as explained here ?

I am specifically interested in analysis parameters that should be printed, like the classpath value. This will help us understand why this folder needs to be accessed.

Thanks

Hi Damien

Thanks for following up on this again, I have been busy so only getting tihs now.
I have listed the details from the console on startup below.
Some items have been changed for security but the information that it contains should help you.

Your assistance on this is much appreciated.

thanks and regards

Mark

Starting SonarLint for Eclipse 6.2.0.37299
Starting SonarLint engine for connection 'sonar.xyz.com'...
Found Secrets detection plugin: bundleentry://1058.fwk2039344872/plugins/sonar-secrets-plugin-1.1.0.36766.jar
Create : C:\Users\a123456\.sonarlint\plugins
Plugin cache: C:\Users\a123456\.sonarlint\plugins
Create : C:\Users\a123456\.sonarlint\plugins\_tmp
Load plugins
Load plugins (done) | time=293ms
Plugins:
  * SonarPython 1.14.1.3143 (python)
  * SonarRPG 2.3.0.1187 (rpg)
  * SonarKotlin 1.5.0.315 (kotlin)
  * SonarTSQL 1.4.0.3334 (tsql)
  * SonarPLI 1.10.0.1880 (pli)
  * Sonar Secrets Plugin for SonarQube 1.1.0.36766 (secrets)
  * SonarApex 1.5.0.315 (sonarapex)
  * SonarJS 5.2.1.7778 (javascript)
  * SonarRuby 1.5.0.315 (ruby)
  * SonarPLSQL 3.4.1.2576 (plsql)
  * SonarScala 1.5.0.315 (sonarscala)
  * License for SonarLint 7.9.4 (license)
  * SonarJava 5.13.1.18282 (java)
  * SonarCOBOL 4.4.0.3403 (cobol)
  * SonarHTML 3.1.0.1615 (web)
  * SonarXML 2.0.1.2020 (xml)
  * SonarPHP 3.2.0.4868 (php)
  * SonarABAP 3.8.0.2034 (abap)
Using storage for connection 'sonar.xyz.com' (last update 02/11/21 15:33)
Trigger: STARTUP
Clear markers on 0 excluded files
SonarLint processing file /CTG-Data-Governance-Integration/src/main/java/com/xyz/fda/edmt/dmi/AP123456/application/events/listeners/OneTimeSyncEventListener.java...
Connected mode (using configuration of 'com.xyz.abc.AP123456:ETGS-FDA-EDMT-DMI-App' in connection 'sonar.xyz.com')
Starting analysis with configuration:
[
  projectKey: com.xyz.abc.AP123456:ETGS-FDA-EDMT-DMI-App
  baseDir: C:\Users\a123456\OneDrive - SomeCompany Technology Group, LLC\a123456\CommonApps\CTG-Data-Governance-Integration
  extraProperties: {sonar.java.target=1.8, sonar.java.libraries=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\resources.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\rt.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\jsse.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\jce.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\charsets.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\jfr.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\access-bridge-64.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\cldrdata.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\dnsns.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\jaccess.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\jfxrt.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\localedata.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\nashorn.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\sunec.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\sunjce_provider.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\sunmscapi.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\sunpkcs11.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\zipfs.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\junit\junit\4.13.2\junit-4.13.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\hamcrest\hamcrest-core\2.2\hamcrest-core-2.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\hamcrest\hamcrest\2.2\hamcrest-2.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-starter\2.5.3\spring-boot-starter-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot\2.5.3\spring-boot-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-core\5.3.9\spring-core-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-jcl\5.3.9\spring-jcl-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-context\5.3.9\spring-context-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-aop\5.3.9\spring-aop-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-beans\5.3.9\spring-beans-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-expression\5.3.9\spring-expression-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-autoconfigure\2.5.3\spring-boot-autoconfigure-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-starter-logging\2.5.3\spring-boot-starter-logging-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\ch\qos\logback\logback-classic\1.2.4\logback-classic-1.2.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\ch\qos\logback\logback-core\1.2.4\logback-core-1.2.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\slf4j\slf4j-api\1.7.32\slf4j-api-1.7.32.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\apache\logging\log4j\log4j-to-slf4j\2.14.1\log4j-to-slf4j-2.14.1.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\apache\logging\log4j\log4j-api\2.14.1\log4j-api-2.14.1.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\slf4j\jul-to-slf4j\1.7.32\jul-to-slf4j-1.7.32.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\jakarta\annotation\jakarta.annotation-api\1.3.5\jakarta.annotation-api-1.3.5.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\yaml\snakeyaml\1.28\snakeyaml-1.28.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-starter-test\2.5.3\spring-boot-starter-test-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-test\2.5.3\spring-boot-test-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-test-autoconfigure\2.5.3\spring-boot-test-autoconfigure-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\jayway\jsonpath\json-path\2.5.0\json-path-2.5.0.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\net\minidev\json-smart\2.4.7\json-smart-2.4.7.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\net\minidev\accessors-smart\2.4.7\accessors-smart-2.4.7.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\ow2\asm\asm\9.1\asm-9.1.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\jakarta\xml\bind\jakarta.xml.bind-api\2.3.3\jakarta.xml.bind-api-2.3.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\jakarta\activation\jakarta.activation-api\1.2.2\jakarta.activation-api-1.2.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\assertj\assertj-core\3.19.0\assertj-core-3.19.0.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\junit\jupiter\junit-jupiter\5.7.2\junit-jupiter-5.7.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\junit\jupiter\junit-jupiter-api\5.7.2\junit-jupiter-api-5.7.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\apiguardian\apiguardian-api\1.1.0\apiguardian-api-1.1.0.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\opentest4j\opentest4j\1.2.0\opentest4j-1.2.0.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\junit\platform\junit-platform-commons\1.7.2\junit-platform-commons-1.7.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\junit\jupiter\junit-jupiter-params\5.7.2\junit-jupiter-params-5.7.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\junit\jupiter\junit-jupiter-engine\5.7.2\junit-jupiter-engine-5.7.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\junit\platform\junit-platform-engine\1.7.2\junit-platform-engine-1.7.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\mockito\mockito-core\3.9.0\mockito-core-3.9.0.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\net\bytebuddy\byte-buddy\1.10.22\byte-buddy-1.10.22.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\net\bytebuddy\byte-buddy-agent\1.10.22\byte-buddy-agent-1.10.22.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\objenesis\objenesis\3.2\objenesis-3.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\mockito\mockito-junit-jupiter\3.9.0\mockito-junit-jupiter-3.9.0.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\skyscreamer\jsonassert\1.5.0\jsonassert-1.5.0.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\vaadin\external\google\android-json\0.0.20131108.vaadin1\android-json-0.0.20131108.vaadin1.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-test\5.3.9\spring-test-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\xmlunit\xmlunit-core\2.8.2\xmlunit-core-2.8.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\dynamodb-enhanced\2.17.34\dynamodb-enhanced-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\aws-core\2.17.34\aws-core-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\annotations\2.17.34\annotations-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\regions\2.17.34\regions-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\utils\2.17.34\utils-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\reactivestreams\reactive-streams\1.0.3\reactive-streams-1.0.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\sdk-core\2.17.34\sdk-core-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\http-client-spi\2.17.34\http-client-spi-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\metrics-spi\2.17.34\metrics-spi-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\profiles\2.17.34\profiles-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\json-utils\2.17.34\json-utils-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\third-party-jackson-core\2.17.34\third-party-jackson-core-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\auth\2.17.34\auth-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\eventstream\eventstream\1.0.1\eventstream-1.0.1.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\dynamodb\2.17.34\dynamodb-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\aws-json-protocol\2.17.34\aws-json-protocol-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\protocol-core\2.17.34\protocol-core-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\apache-client\2.17.34\apache-client-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\apache\httpcomponents\httpclient\4.5.13\httpclient-4.5.13.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\apache\httpcomponents\httpcore\4.4.14\httpcore-4.4.14.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\commons-codec\commons-codec\1.15\commons-codec-1.15.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\netty-nio-client\2.17.34\netty-nio-client-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-codec-http\4.1.66.Final\netty-codec-http-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-common\4.1.66.Final\netty-common-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-buffer\4.1.66.Final\netty-buffer-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-transport\4.1.66.Final\netty-transport-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-resolver\4.1.66.Final\netty-resolver-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-codec\4.1.66.Final\netty-codec-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-handler\4.1.66.Final\netty-handler-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-codec-http2\4.1.66.Final\netty-codec-http2-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-transport-native-epoll\4.1.66.Final\netty-transport-native-epoll-4.1.66.Final-linux-x86_64.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-transport-native-unix-common\4.1.66.Final\netty-transport-native-unix-common-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\typesafe\netty\netty-reactive-streams-http\2.0.5\netty-reactive-streams-http-2.0.5.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\typesafe\netty\netty-reactive-streams\2.0.5\netty-reactive-streams-2.0.5.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-starter-webflux\2.5.3\spring-boot-starter-webflux-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-starter-json\2.5.3\spring-boot-starter-json-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-web\5.3.9\spring-web-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\core\jackson-databind\2.12.4\jackson-databind-2.12.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\core\jackson-annotations\2.12.4\jackson-annotations-2.12.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\core\jackson-core\2.12.4\jackson-core-2.12.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\datatype\jackson-datatype-jdk8\2.12.4\jackson-datatype-jdk8-2.12.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\datatype\jackson-datatype-jsr310\2.12.4\jackson-datatype-jsr310-2.12.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\module\jackson-module-parameter-names\2.12.4\jackson-module-parameter-names-2.12.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-starter-reactor-netty\2.5.3\spring-boot-starter-reactor-netty-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\projectreactor\netty\reactor-netty-http\1.0.9\reactor-netty-http-1.0.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-resolver-dns\4.1.66.Final\netty-resolver-dns-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-codec-dns\4.1.66.Final\netty-codec-dns-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-resolver-dns-native-macos\4.1.66.Final\netty-resolver-dns-native-macos-4.1.66.Final-osx-x86_64.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\projectreactor\netty\reactor-netty-core\1.0.9\reactor-netty-core-1.0.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-handler-proxy\4.1.66.Final\netty-handler-proxy-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-codec-socks\4.1.66.Final\netty-codec-socks-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\projectreactor\reactor-core\3.4.8\reactor-core-3.4.8.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-webflux\5.3.9\spring-webflux-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\squareup\okhttp3\mockwebserver\3.14.9\mockwebserver-3.14.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\squareup\okhttp3\okhttp\3.14.9\okhttp-3.14.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\squareup\okio\okio\1.17.2\okio-1.17.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\junit\vintage\junit-vintage-engine\5.7.2\junit-vintage-engine-5.7.2.jar, sonar.java.source=1.8, sonar.java.binaries=C:/Users/a123456/OneDrive - SomeCompany Technology Group, LLC/a123456/CommonApps/CTG-Data-Governance-Integration/target/test-classes,C:/Users/a123456/OneDrive - SomeCompany Technology Group, LLC/a123456/CommonApps/CTG-Data-Governance-Integration/target/classes, sonar.java.test.binaries=, sonar.java.test.libraries=C:/Users/a123456/OneDrive - SomeCompany Technology Group, LLC/a123456/CommonApps/CTG-Data-Governance-Integration/target/test-classes,C:/Users/a123456/OneDrive - SomeCompany Technology Group, LLC/a123456/CommonApps/CTG-Data-Governance-Integration/target/classes,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\resources.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\rt.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\jsse.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\jce.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\charsets.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\jfr.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\access-bridge-64.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\cldrdata.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\dnsns.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\jaccess.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\jfxrt.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\localedata.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\nashorn.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\sunec.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\sunjce_provider.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\sunmscapi.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\sunpkcs11.jar,C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext\zipfs.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\junit\junit\4.13.2\junit-4.13.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\hamcrest\hamcrest-core\2.2\hamcrest-core-2.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\hamcrest\hamcrest\2.2\hamcrest-2.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-starter\2.5.3\spring-boot-starter-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot\2.5.3\spring-boot-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-core\5.3.9\spring-core-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-jcl\5.3.9\spring-jcl-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-context\5.3.9\spring-context-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-aop\5.3.9\spring-aop-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-beans\5.3.9\spring-beans-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-expression\5.3.9\spring-expression-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-autoconfigure\2.5.3\spring-boot-autoconfigure-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-starter-logging\2.5.3\spring-boot-starter-logging-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\ch\qos\logback\logback-classic\1.2.4\logback-classic-1.2.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\ch\qos\logback\logback-core\1.2.4\logback-core-1.2.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\slf4j\slf4j-api\1.7.32\slf4j-api-1.7.32.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\apache\logging\log4j\log4j-to-slf4j\2.14.1\log4j-to-slf4j-2.14.1.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\apache\logging\log4j\log4j-api\2.14.1\log4j-api-2.14.1.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\slf4j\jul-to-slf4j\1.7.32\jul-to-slf4j-1.7.32.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\jakarta\annotation\jakarta.annotation-api\1.3.5\jakarta.annotation-api-1.3.5.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\yaml\snakeyaml\1.28\snakeyaml-1.28.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-starter-test\2.5.3\spring-boot-starter-test-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-test\2.5.3\spring-boot-test-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-test-autoconfigure\2.5.3\spring-boot-test-autoconfigure-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\jayway\jsonpath\json-path\2.5.0\json-path-2.5.0.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\net\minidev\json-smart\2.4.7\json-smart-2.4.7.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\net\minidev\accessors-smart\2.4.7\accessors-smart-2.4.7.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\ow2\asm\asm\9.1\asm-9.1.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\jakarta\xml\bind\jakarta.xml.bind-api\2.3.3\jakarta.xml.bind-api-2.3.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\jakarta\activation\jakarta.activation-api\1.2.2\jakarta.activation-api-1.2.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\assertj\assertj-core\3.19.0\assertj-core-3.19.0.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\junit\jupiter\junit-jupiter\5.7.2\junit-jupiter-5.7.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\junit\jupiter\junit-jupiter-api\5.7.2\junit-jupiter-api-5.7.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\apiguardian\apiguardian-api\1.1.0\apiguardian-api-1.1.0.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\opentest4j\opentest4j\1.2.0\opentest4j-1.2.0.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\junit\platform\junit-platform-commons\1.7.2\junit-platform-commons-1.7.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\junit\jupiter\junit-jupiter-params\5.7.2\junit-jupiter-params-5.7.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\junit\jupiter\junit-jupiter-engine\5.7.2\junit-jupiter-engine-5.7.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\junit\platform\junit-platform-engine\1.7.2\junit-platform-engine-1.7.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\mockito\mockito-core\3.9.0\mockito-core-3.9.0.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\net\bytebuddy\byte-buddy\1.10.22\byte-buddy-1.10.22.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\net\bytebuddy\byte-buddy-agent\1.10.22\byte-buddy-agent-1.10.22.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\objenesis\objenesis\3.2\objenesis-3.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\mockito\mockito-junit-jupiter\3.9.0\mockito-junit-jupiter-3.9.0.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\skyscreamer\jsonassert\1.5.0\jsonassert-1.5.0.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\vaadin\external\google\android-json\0.0.20131108.vaadin1\android-json-0.0.20131108.vaadin1.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-test\5.3.9\spring-test-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\xmlunit\xmlunit-core\2.8.2\xmlunit-core-2.8.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\dynamodb-enhanced\2.17.34\dynamodb-enhanced-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\aws-core\2.17.34\aws-core-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\annotations\2.17.34\annotations-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\regions\2.17.34\regions-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\utils\2.17.34\utils-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\reactivestreams\reactive-streams\1.0.3\reactive-streams-1.0.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\sdk-core\2.17.34\sdk-core-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\http-client-spi\2.17.34\http-client-spi-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\metrics-spi\2.17.34\metrics-spi-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\profiles\2.17.34\profiles-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\json-utils\2.17.34\json-utils-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\third-party-jackson-core\2.17.34\third-party-jackson-core-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\auth\2.17.34\auth-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\eventstream\eventstream\1.0.1\eventstream-1.0.1.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\dynamodb\2.17.34\dynamodb-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\aws-json-protocol\2.17.34\aws-json-protocol-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\protocol-core\2.17.34\protocol-core-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\apache-client\2.17.34\apache-client-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\apache\httpcomponents\httpclient\4.5.13\httpclient-4.5.13.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\apache\httpcomponents\httpcore\4.4.14\httpcore-4.4.14.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\commons-codec\commons-codec\1.15\commons-codec-1.15.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\software\amazon\awssdk\netty-nio-client\2.17.34\netty-nio-client-2.17.34.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-codec-http\4.1.66.Final\netty-codec-http-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-common\4.1.66.Final\netty-common-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-buffer\4.1.66.Final\netty-buffer-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-transport\4.1.66.Final\netty-transport-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-resolver\4.1.66.Final\netty-resolver-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-codec\4.1.66.Final\netty-codec-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-handler\4.1.66.Final\netty-handler-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-codec-http2\4.1.66.Final\netty-codec-http2-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-transport-native-epoll\4.1.66.Final\netty-transport-native-epoll-4.1.66.Final-linux-x86_64.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-transport-native-unix-common\4.1.66.Final\netty-transport-native-unix-common-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\typesafe\netty\netty-reactive-streams-http\2.0.5\netty-reactive-streams-http-2.0.5.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\typesafe\netty\netty-reactive-streams\2.0.5\netty-reactive-streams-2.0.5.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-starter-webflux\2.5.3\spring-boot-starter-webflux-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-starter-json\2.5.3\spring-boot-starter-json-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-web\5.3.9\spring-web-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\core\jackson-databind\2.12.4\jackson-databind-2.12.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\core\jackson-annotations\2.12.4\jackson-annotations-2.12.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\core\jackson-core\2.12.4\jackson-core-2.12.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\datatype\jackson-datatype-jdk8\2.12.4\jackson-datatype-jdk8-2.12.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\datatype\jackson-datatype-jsr310\2.12.4\jackson-datatype-jsr310-2.12.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\module\jackson-module-parameter-names\2.12.4\jackson-module-parameter-names-2.12.4.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-starter-reactor-netty\2.5.3\spring-boot-starter-reactor-netty-2.5.3.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\projectreactor\netty\reactor-netty-http\1.0.9\reactor-netty-http-1.0.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-resolver-dns\4.1.66.Final\netty-resolver-dns-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-codec-dns\4.1.66.Final\netty-codec-dns-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-resolver-dns-native-macos\4.1.66.Final\netty-resolver-dns-native-macos-4.1.66.Final-osx-x86_64.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\projectreactor\netty\reactor-netty-core\1.0.9\reactor-netty-core-1.0.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-handler-proxy\4.1.66.Final\netty-handler-proxy-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\netty\netty-codec-socks\4.1.66.Final\netty-codec-socks-4.1.66.Final.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\io\projectreactor\reactor-core\3.4.8\reactor-core-3.4.8.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-webflux\5.3.9\spring-webflux-5.3.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\squareup\okhttp3\mockwebserver\3.14.9\mockwebserver-3.14.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\squareup\okhttp3\okhttp\3.14.9\okhttp-3.14.9.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\com\squareup\okio\okio\1.17.2\okio-1.17.2.jar,C:\Users\a123456\.m2\repository\org\junit\vintage\junit-vintage-engine\5.7.2\junit-vintage-engine-5.7.2.jar}
  moduleKey: null
  inputFiles: [
    file:/C:/Users/a123456/OneDrive%20-%20SomeCompany%20Technology%20Group,%20LLC/a123456/CommonApps/CTG-Data-Governance-Integration/src/main/java/com/xyz/fda/edmt/dmi/AP123456/application/events/listeners/OneTimeSyncEventListener.java (UTF-8)
  ]
]

Creating container for module with key=null
GET 200 sonar.xyz.com/sonarapi - developers/search_events?projects=&from= | response time=1047ms
Started security hotspot handler on port 64120
Start analysis
Index files
Language of file 'file:/C:/Users/a123456/OneDrive%20-%20SomeCompany%20Technology%20Group,%20LLC/a123456/CommonApps/CTG-Data-Governance-Integration/src/main/java/com/xyz/fda/edmt/dmi/AP123456/application/events/listeners/OneTimeSyncEventListener.java' is detected to be 'Java'
1 file indexed
Available languages:
   * Java => "java"
  * COBOL => "cobol"
  * HTML => "web"
  * JSP => "jsp"
  * XML => "xml"
  * PHP => "php"
  * ABAP => "abap"
Quality profiles:
  * abap: 'Sonar way' (65 rules)
  * apex: 'Sonar way' (29 rules)
  * cobol: 'Sonar way' (75 rules)
  * java: 'DMTools_Sonar way_QP' (364 rules)
Setting filesystem encoding: UTF-8
Execute Sensor: JavaSquidSensor
Check for updates from server 'sonar.xyz.com'
java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Users\a123456\AppData\Local\Application Data
	at org.sonar.java.JavaSquid.<init>(JavaSquid.java:84)
Caused by: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Users\a123456\AppData\Local\Application Data
	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsDirectoryStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
	... 30 more

Thanks for the logs. I don’t understand how this folder comes into play, it’s not part of any analysis parameter…

What I suspect is that OneDrive creates some kind of shortcut or redirect from
C:\Users\a123456\OneDrive - SomeCompany Technology Group, LLC\a123456\CommonApps\CTG-Data-Governance-Integration

to

C:\Users\a123456\AppData\Local\Application Data

or one of its subfolder, and some permissions prevent access from SonarLint. Could you temporarily grant all permissions on this folder and check again ? One other thing is that maybe OneDrive retains a handle on some files in that folder, so you could try to temporarily close OneDrive and re-analyze the files to check if it helps.

Out of curiosity, why do you use OneDrive? Are you sharing the project with your team through it ?