Error during deletion of component

Hi Team,

Currently, we were using "Enterprise Edition Version 7.5 "

When deleting the project it showing as “Couldn’t find root component with uuid AWUBeOpERxxxx”. so please help me how to delete the project.

Regards,
Nataraj.R

Sounds like you’re facing SONAR-12146: Project is corrupted because of branch or pull request in inconsistent state

This issue was fixed in SonarQube v7.8, and includes a database migration that cleans things up for projects that haven’t gotten into an inconsistent state. You should be all set after upgrading to the SonarQube v7.9 LTS. We don’t document a manual workaround – an upgrade is required.

Hi Colin,

can we delete it from DB instead of upgrade?

I saw that temporary workaround has given. please advise us how to proceed further.

We never recommend manual manipulation of the database if an upgrade to a supported version of SonarQube fixes the problem. Feel free to do with the information on the ticket what you wish (and make plenty of backups if so)

Hi Colin,

Yes I got your point.

Here problem is LOC, We have to delete the unwanted of project. so that LOC will free up.

Hi Colin,

Is it possible to give temporary solution otherwise our application doesn’t work due to Line of code?

Note: we cannot upgrade immediately because we have to verify plugins compatible before.

As you’ve mentioned, there’s a workaround listed on the ticket, but I can’t personally recommend it! Like I said:

We never recommend manual manipulation of the database if an upgrade to a supported version of SonarQube fixes the problem. Feel free to do with the information on the ticket what you wish (and make plenty of backups if so)

• I found the UUID flashing from Sonar web UI.
  • With the identified UUID(Sonar UI) searched the rows in projects table but no rows found
  • So, with the same UUID from sonar web UI, I searched in project_branches table and I got one row. It has a reference of projects table UUID in the column “project_uuid”.
  • Ive searched the project_uuid in projects table and found one row and I deleted the row in “projects” table.
  • Now this deleted the project in Sonar and LOC also got reduced.
    My concern is that as I have deleted the project from projects table but not deleted the referenced row from project_branches table. Do I need to delete the row from project_branches table which is referring the deleted row in projects table