Error caused by missing file build-wrapper-dump.json

I’m running SonarQube Enterprise Edition Version 8.2 (build 32929). I have it running in an Azure Pipeline and it runs without error unless it finds some C code.

If it finds some C code, then it tries to run the wrapper script build-wrapper-linux-x86-64, which I already installed in /usr/local/bin, where I also installed the other files in the zip. However when the pipeline runs it still fails with an error java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException saying that it can’t find build-wrapper-dump.json.

Is this file supposed to already exist in the directory where it’s looking, or is it automatically generated by something else such as the wrapper script?

Hello @dontmesswithbill,

You need to run the build-wrapper command that generates build-wrapper-dump.json before running the scanner. You will find all the needed information here.

Thanks,

I was able to get it to create the json file, but now it fails saying the json file is empty. Is there a way to make it skip this so it can analyze the rest of the repo?

@dontmesswithbill, If you don’t want to get C analysis you can look at the narrowing the focus and exclude .c files from analysis.

If you want to analyze C, build-wrapper.json should have the commands that were used to build your C files. if you didn’t have any C built by the command given to build-wrapper-linux-x86-64, the .json file would be empty and you would get this error. Do you have C files built by the command passed to the build-wrapper-linux-x86-64?