Using the official sonarqube 9.1-developer image.
I’m setting up sonarqube for a C project, trying to do the first scan.
I set up everything according to the instructions, but when starting a build, the following issue appears:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The “build-wrapper-dump.json” file was found empty.
Please make sure that:
- you are using the latest version of the build-wrapper and the CFamily analyzer
- your compiler is supported
- you are wrapping your build correctly
- you are wrapping a full/clean build
- if you are building your project inside a Docker container, build-wrapper is wrapping the build process inside the container and not wrapping the external Docker process
Some of these do not seem appropriate to my situation, most notably using the latest versions of the wrapper (I have no control on it as far as I know) and wrapping a full build (it’s complete), but not all.
How would I go to determine which of these errors are causing the issue?
I’m reasonably sure I wrapped the build properly and not the docker process, but not 100%.
As for the compiler possibility, I’m using a proprietary compiler based on a ~2010 gcc (provided by our chipset manufacturer, Telink, no choice in the matter).
What are the odds it’s the issue? How would I make sure it’s that?
And more importantly, what do I do if it’s the issue?
As additional information, the files are compiling properly, so not a build process issue.